Page 1 of 20 [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 7:53 am

:idea: I made a joke on this thread http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... ic&t=15099 about getting 12 aspie girls to pose for a photo calendar. The more I think about it, the more I think it may be a good and viable idea. I’m not talking about nudes, though maybe one shot will be something like,”Heather has aspirations of becoming a lingerie or swimsuit model.” I’m talking about glamour shots with props appropriate to the person’s interests and a short bio. A geek with her computer, a gamer with her console, a librarian with her books. The idea would be to show that auties and aspies are in so many different ways just like NTs, so as to break down some of those stereotypes. The guys could do one too. Proceeds could go to autism research. So what do ya’ll think? Any takers?
:jester: :heart: :jester:

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 9:56 am

ok i admire your enthusiasm, and welcome to wp, but i think your idea is a bit creepy, and you may been seen as a creep, other smay not but i think some may.

riley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2006, 10:14 am

Yeah- I like this bit:

Quote:
I’m not talking about nudes, though maybe one shot will be something like,”Heather has aspirations of becoming a lingerie or swimsuit model.”

:?

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 10:16 am

ok this is my point, this is creepy and this isnt what Aspies are about.

Last edited by donkey on 11 Jul 2006, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2006, 10:24 am

I don't see a problem with it, as long as you don't include personal info on the calendar. One of the fraternities at the college I went to used to do this every year. Just pictures of some of the little sisters in regular clothes.

I think its important that people see that people with AS aren't all Rainman, rocking in a corner, and drooling on themselves.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 10:29 am

MrMark wrote:
Proceeds could go to autism research. So what do ya’ll think? Any takers?

I would not do anything that would end up in the hands of Cure Autism Now or NAAR or Autism Speaks... if it was going to be used to help autistics in finding employment and other life skills and such, maybe. I don't need a cure and I would never want any association with autism research that would essentially be used to further advance prenatal testing and all so people can terminate an unborn child's life based on very little if possible way of knowing how severe or whatever the autism or aspergers would be to the individual. I do think it is a good idea, just I would never do it myself if the funding wasn't going to be used directly to help those on the autism spectrum.

riley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2006, 10:35 am

06xrs wrote:
I think its important that people see that people with AS aren't all Rainman, rocking in a corner, and drooling on themselves.

Thats correct. Aspie women are just as exploitable as NT women.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 11:30 am

You're scary! 8O

Besides, who wants to be like an NT anyway? (WTF?)

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 11:45 am

Yeah I know Bland. First I thought this thing was just a joke but that's is actually nasty. I don't think there should be a calender.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 12:13 pm

As Christopher Lloyd said in his guest role on "The West Wing":
"I can see this is going to be a vibrant discussion!"

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 12:18 pm

Bland wrote:

...Me?

Anyways, I remember someone making comments on me looking good in a dress back in my school's Drama course. I could always pose if you want. I'm sure an underage, crossdressing Aspergian would sell millions of calenders.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

10 Jul 2006, 12:36 pm

Vinzer wrote:
Bland wrote:

...Me?

Anyways, I remember someone making comments on me looking good in a dress back in my school's Drama course. I could always pose if you want. I'm sure an underage, crossdressing Aspergian would sell millions of calenders.

Yeah I'm ordering 100 copies for the troops in Iraq now that I know Vinzer has
signed on.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 12:41 pm

sigh.................

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 3:38 pm

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
if it was going to be used to help autistics in finding employment and other life skills and such, maybe.

Thanks for the thoughtful and well-considered response. I'm still kind of naive about these things. Has anyone heard of such a foundation? Maybe we need to look into starting one.

Solidess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2006, 4:40 pm

I actually think this is hilarious and maybe a good idea. Yeah its kinda creepy, but kinda flattering too in a way! Oh who am I kidding, I just love attention! lol

But I dunno if I would do it..... I could go either way, I mean.... I'm not necessarily proud to be an Aspie and I don't like to expose myself too much. Further more, I don't want to be then contacted by DOZENS of Aspie guys asking me for a date, lol. It would be flattering, yes, but I don't like letting people down.

Darn, I really sound arrogant in this post, but I'm not! I've just had a fair share of compliments.

I'm not really sure what I think of the idea, I mean I thought it was a joke, but now I find it even more hilarious to be considering it for real. But hey.... its not gonna be all filthy and degrading like the 'Girls Gone Wild' nonsense. This would just be pictures that are in good taste. And if its for a good cause, and there's enough takers, who knows?

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 7:05 pm

Solidess wrote:
I don't want to be then contacted by DOZENS of Aspie guys asking me for a date, lol.

Once you achieve celebrity status, only the best looking, wealthiest, and most self-confident Aspie guys are going to hit on you. As for the rest of 'em, you're suddenly out of their league. So, do you have aspirations of becoming a lingerie or swimsuit model?
:wink:
:jester: :heart: :jester: :heart: :jester: