How does an Aspie talk to girls??

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:17 pm

I am totally helpful.
But seriously, females are not aliens, nor are we another species. Just talk like you would to any other person.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2011, 4:47 am

Let see the first time I met my current girlfriend
I called her a b***h
Asked her if she was pregnate
and kicked her
It is probably best you don't take my advice

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2011, 4:50 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
I am totally helpful.
But seriously, females are not aliens, nor are we another species. Just talk like you would to any other person.

I have found with my social akwardness that it is best to do the opposite of this.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 10:57 am

Jonsi wrote:
It's simple, really. Be positive. There aren't many women who like negativity. They don't want someone who'll just be a Johnny Raincloud every day. No one does. Don't treat them any less than equal. Guys that do treat them less than equal, don't even have a chance. Be yourself. Lies are a big nono if you want anything from anyone. Unless you're an axe murderer, being yourself is quite attractive.

Above anything, anything, is to have confidence, or at least be able to fake it. This is a big factor in any encounter.

The rest depends on what the girl likes and dislikes.

This is just what I find, so if anyone finds something wrong with it, feel free to tear me apart. :D

hah Johnny Raincloud. Where's that from? I'm gonna steal it. I'm johnny raincloud now.

Ralkuth1456
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2015, 10:40 pm

For some of us, our body language and tone of voice can be a bit awkward. You want a girl who is patient enough to talk with you and is in regular enough contact for you to keep trying. Not everyone can be open-minded about dating people with ASD (there are some though, that believe what's inside truly matters). Have a talent or hobby that is good grounds for conversation (we usually are intensive about certain things). If you can't be charming, you can show her what's in your head. Show her kindness, talent, and quirky wit.

Girls are fairly sensitive about these things and probably know if you take an interest in her. Spend time with her and see if she's willing to do things with you. Obtain a method of contact and answer her messages, find topics that are interesting or set up a meeting, but knowing how we are wired, don't spam random things or ask too much of her time; she has her own life. Don't be creepy. Be patient, be smart. Support her endeavours. Try to find out more about her and decide if you like who she is (I'd give it half a year). Then find a moment to give her a gift and tell her how you feel. Doesn't have to be lavish, but has to be thoughtful (words fail us sometimes, so take action).

It's better to understand the fascinating feeling of falling in love, then maybe heartbreak, rather than regret not having experienced any of it. You just won't know how it feels without actually having felt it. If you want to snag a nice girl, you have to work for it. Go to the gym, get advice from friends and family, get professional advice on how to read tones and emotions. Get fit and confident, learn how to understand normal girls, how they think and what they want from you. Don't miss out on well-meaning body and facial cues, but also recognize when you're interpreting things too literally and get used xd

And I thought life was hard to understand for everyone else.