Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

tomboywriter101
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: In my writing, where things are the way I want them

13 Feb 2011, 2:01 am

Hi, I'm currently questioning on whether I like this girl or not. I'm struggling to cope with this whole thing and I'm considering coming out to my family. How would I do it?

Agree: 4,6,13,16,18,19,20,22,39,41,45: 1 point
Disagree: 1,3,10,11,14,17,27,30,32,36,38,44,47,48,49: 1 point
Score: 26

Rat_Barzane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2011, 6:09 am

This really depends on your family... Everyone reacts differently.. I was lucky that my parents support me however I am, I kinda sprung it on my mother mid-conversation with a bit of a lead up and then once she realised I was serious she said "oh i always wondered if you'd turn out that way" lol..
I was about 17 at the time

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 9:54 am

You must consider how your parents would react. If your parents are religiously conservative, then they'll probably have a negative reaction to your coming out. If your parents are more liberal, then they'll more likely accept you.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 4:57 pm

Descartes wrote:
You must consider how your parents would react. If your parents are religiously conservative, then they'll probably have a negative reaction to your coming out. If your parents are more liberal, then they'll more likely accept you.
I made this mistake when telling my mother that I am a biromantic asexual. She pretends to be okay with it but I can tell she struggles with it.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 5:48 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Descartes wrote:
I made this mistake when telling my mother that I am a biromantic asexual. She pretends to be okay with it but I can tell she struggles with it.

Your mother should come around, eventually.

Rat_Barzane

14 Feb 2011, 4:38 am

I think my mother has some secret wish I that I was straight, ever since my one long term relationship ended she's said things like "I'm surprised you still like girls after what that b!tch did to you" lol.. And recently she had a dream that I was in love with a man, and (in the dream) she kept saying "what? are you sure? is that possible?" :lol: Mind you I think that dream was brought on by the fact that I have a male friend for the first time in years and I tend to talk about my friends a lot then she assumes I have a crush on them...
And I do wonder how my father really feels about it because it means he's not likely to have any biological grandchildren.. (I actually feel almost guilty for that but, well, I can't help it lol)

However, the most important thing is that they support me and love me regardless of who I sleep with :P

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 5:37 pm

Descartes wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
Descartes wrote:

I certainly hope. She's a Christian so it'll be hard for her. :\

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2011, 5:56 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
Descartes wrote:

I certainly hope. She's a Christian so it'll be hard for her. :\

That's weird, because the Bible doesn't say being asexual is wrong and it doesn't say that being in a platonic romantic relationship with someone of the same sex is wrong either. But most christians don't seem too get that! It's like they can't imagine a romantic relationship existing without sex.