Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

woodss82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:31 am

Heres info about a Vegetarian Diet:

This the health message of the church its not all bad, I sometimes eat meat so I'm semi-vegetarian but the church recommends a full vegetarian diet, Adventists live 10 to 15 years longer than its non-vegetarian counterparts, most other Christian groups have adopted this to improve their health, everyone deserves this no matter what religion, or non religion this message does not only work on SDAs but everyone,

SDAs pioneered the stop smoking programs, and many people inducing the current US president has stopped smoking, everyone knows that smoking is unhealthy.

The vegetarian diet recommended by Seventh-day Adventists includes the generous use of whole grain breads, cereals and pastas, a liberal use of fresh vegetables and fruits, a moderate use of legumes, nuts, seeds. It can also include low fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheeses and eggs. It is best to avoid high saturated fat and cholesterol foods such as: beef, lamb, pork, chicken, fish and seafood. Coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages provide few nutrients and may interfere with the absorption of essential nutrients.

Examples of servings and serving sizes as follows:
GRAINS
6-11 servings daily of fiber and vitamin rich foods
Example: 1 slice bread, 1/2 cup cooked rice, cereal or pasta,
1 cup dry cereal, 1 bagel, 1 tortilla, 1 pita

VEGETABLES AND FRUITS
7-9 servings daily or more of phytochemical and vitamin rich foods
Example: 1 cup raw vegetable salad, 1/2 cup cooked vegetables or
fruits, 1/2 cup dark green and deep yellow vegetables,
1/4 cup dried fruit

DAIRY OR ALTERNATIVES
2-4 servings daily of calcium and vitamin B12 rich foods
Example: 1 cup dairy milk, or fortified non-dairy alternatives,
1 cup low fat yogurt, buttermilk or cottage cheese. Non-dairy alternatives must be
fortified with 25% or more of the RDA or RDI of calcium, vitamin
B12, vitamin D and vitamin A

LEGUMES, NUTS AND SEEDS
2-4 servings daily of protein rich foods
Example: 1/2 cup cooked dried beans or peas, 1 egg or 2 egg whites,
1/2 cup tofu, 1/2 cup meat analogs, 1/4 cup of nuts or seeds or
2 tablespoons of nut butter.

FATS, OILS AND SUGARS (Food from group number five)
2 tablespoons vegetable oils rich in linoleic acid,
such as canola, olive soy, sunflower or corn.
Use desserts sparingly, which are high in sugar and fat.

Source: http://www.sdada.org/position.htm

Last edited by woodss82 on 14 Feb 2011, 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:32 am

It needs more bacon..

woodss82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:34 am

emlion wrote:
It needs more bacon..

Adventists don't eat pork, because we believe its unclean meat.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:35 am

have you eaten bacon before?!

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2011, 8:43 am

this is the time of year going into lent i love steaks on fridays, big thick ribeyes. apple smoked pork chops bbq pork steaks. bacon wrapped pork smokies. hell never tasted so good

woodss82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:43 am

emlion wrote:
have you eaten bacon before?!

I have slipped ham into my mouth, and didn't like it, not my favorite meat.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:52 am

I want a sandwich now..

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 9:00 am

At the risk of disappointing the adventist church, i'm going to make some sausages now. I'll be thinking about the poor starving adventist people while i eat it, and find joy thinking some people are worse off than i am...

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 9:01 am

This thread makes me hungrier every post...
I shall holler for Stefan to make me a BLT.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 10:37 am

I'm pretty much a vegetarian. I eat fish, but pretty rarely. So technically I'm a pescatarian. I don't do it for religious reasons though.

Why is this in the adult section? :?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 10:39 am

Haha I have no idea. >.<

woodss82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:00 pm

I think I covered enough about what Adventist church believes in, people can make up their minds up if this religion is on the right track, its not a role of a Christian to force it down people's throats. Adventists are not like the Jehovah's Witnesses, we do a totally different way.

This health message has the US Surgeon General's Seal of Approval, recently she meet with the current president of the General Conference President Ted Wilson praising with the health message, during the last years 2010 session, you dont need to be a Adventist to apply this, if you follow this message and your not forced too, you can notice a lot of benefits, you can live up to 15 years longer, everyone in here deserves this.

Do you all think a good diet can help Autism?

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2011, 12:25 pm

woodss82 wrote:
I think I covered enough about what Adventist church believes in, people can make up their minds up if this religion is on the right track, its not a role of a Christian to force it down people's throats.

i thought that was the sole role of a christian was to shove it down peoples throats

woodss82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 12:42 pm

r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
woodss82 wrote:
I think I covered enough about what Adventist church believes in, people can make up their minds up if this religion is on the right track, its not a role of a Christian to force it down people's throats.

i thought that was the sole role of a christian was to shove it down peoples throats

Actually thats a common myth, with the new world order that is what the Catholics will do, with the governments help, sometime in the years ahead.

Last edited by woodss82 on 14 Feb 2011, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2011, 1:18 pm

woodss82 wrote:
r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
woodss82 wrote:

Actually thats a common myth, with the new world order that is what the Catholics will do, with the governments help.

oh my mistake i must have not have heard the hate speech right, not being a good christian, the christian god will see me burn. my friends died as punishment by the vengeful christian god.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:07 pm

Hiya, woodss82! I went to Seventh Day Adventist school. It's a pretty healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and taking time to consider the state of your spirit, etc. I was vegetarian for about 20 years or so, because of it's influence and then was vegan for 7 years. I think it has a lot to do with me looking a lot younger than I am (I was asked to go to prom today!). I went about 30 years without pork because of the teachings of the church - even though I wasn't seventh day adventist it's hard to eat something you're told is unclean for years and years.

Now I have fish or pork maybe two or three times a month. Otherwise we eat vegan at home.

A large part of my extended family (maybe like 200 people or so) are adventist and basically very healthy.

Anyway, nice OP. :)