Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2011, 3:35 am

what do you think of it. What is the best version?!? I like 2.1 (eclair) I found my experience with 2.2 froyo a complete nightmare. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Biokinetica
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2011, 9:05 am

Seriously? How? The only negative I can think of would be some third-party apps not functioning because they haven't been updated.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 11:23 pm

I have to agree Froyo works quite well for me, but honestly, I think it needs an update at this point. I use an HTC Evo 4G.

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2011, 11:48 pm

I have the Boost Mobile Huawei U8300 got it from optus for $149. Runs 2.1 for that price works rather well
I am impressed!! ! :D

Bosst droid

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Feb 2011, 7:54 pm

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
I found my experience with 2.2 froyo a complete nightmare. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Meh. No problem at all with an OTA update on my HTC Desire.
Nothing broke or fell off either. :lol:

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2011, 8:33 pm

Cornflake wrote:
bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
I found my experience with 2.2 froyo a complete nightmare. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Meh. No problem at all with an OTA update on my HTC Desire.
Nothing broke or fell off either. :lol:

true lmao :)

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 9:16 pm

android phone's what? Does something belong to the phone you want to share?

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 9:43 pm

I've had an HTC Evo or about 6 months and for the most part, it's pretty good, as there some things that really bug me, especially the pre-installed software that is not only impossible to uninstall, but also have a nasty habit of automatically starting (Nascar Zone, Amazon MP3 store, etc.). I quite regret installing the latest OTA update from Sprint, which did little more than add more useless software that I can't get rid of, and seems to have caused some sluggishness. On the positive side, unlike the iPhone, the phone is completely usable without the need to install software like iTunes and crippling DRM.

I'm definitely looking into rooting though (which should fix the pre-installed software), as well as learning how to develop some apps on my own over the next few weeks.

And just as I was writing this, I received a new notification: "You have 0 new alerts. Click here to open SprintZone Alerts". Grrr!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Feb 2011, 8:25 am

WillMcC wrote:
I quite regret installing the latest OTA update from Sprint, which did little more than add more useless software that I can't get rid of
Ah yes, the crapware. :roll:
I wouldn't mind so much if the user was given a choice about keeping it, but the carriers are insistent on 'branding' phones so there it sits, unused.
Dunno about Sprint and their crapware on the Evo but with Orange and the Desire, the crapware sits in the system partition and doesn't eat into the space available for users to install apps into. So it doesn't waste space - but I still don't want it. :twisted:

Quote:
On the positive side, unlike the iPhone, the phone is completely usable without the need to install software like iTunes and crippling DRM.
:wink: Absolutely - no handcuffs!