Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 4:43 am

Have you seen it? I know a lot of people didn't like the movie, but what did you think of it?

I actually enjoyed the movie, it creeped me out for getting just a PG-13 rating here in the U.S. I thought the ending wrapped it up well also. I wasn't like "Oh damn, that was all?" so I'm glad. Please put spoiler in the subject if your reply has spoilers. Thanks. :)

Qatsi64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2011, 7:03 am

I saw it, and was disappointed by it. You could see what they were trying to do with it, but it felt like they just didn't get there. Hopkins performs well, but the script just wasn't enough to make it work for me.

I am profoundly anti-religion, and was worried that this movie would be too Catholic for me, but it is was not too preachy. Not a bad movie, but Hopkins has done much better.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 2:04 am

I saw it tonight and it was pretty scary up until he saw the mule, after that I felt it didn't really capture the feeling it was trying to project. The Exorcism of Emily Rose did a much better job IMO.

r_a_n_d_o_m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2011, 4:15 am

Subotai wrote:
I saw it tonight and it was pretty scary up until he saw the mule, after that I felt it didn't really capture the feeling it was trying to project. The Exorcism of Emily Rose did a much better job IMO.

emily rose had such terrible acting

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 2:18 am

r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
Subotai wrote:

emily rose had such terrible acting

Blasphemy

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 2:27 am

I saw a review on it saying wait for the dvd to hit redbox, rent it and skip to the last 20 minutes or so when Hopkins goes crazy, since that seems to be the best bit of the movie.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 2:50 am

darkstone100 wrote:
I saw a review on it saying wait for the dvd to hit redbox, rent it and skip to the last 20 minutes or so when Hopkins goes crazy, since that seems to be the best bit of the movie.

I found that part to be a bit of an anti-climax personally.