Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:09 pm

ping-machine wrote:
Oh My God. Snow White is just so vacant in that movie. She's a complete drip. Seriously, she deserved to be killed off with that poisoned apple. I can't stand her. If I were in that movie, I'd kill her myself.

I think she was deliberately made that way. Disney wanted her innocence and childishness to appeal to audiences.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 3:31 am

Descartes wrote:
ping-machine wrote:
Oh My God. Snow White is just so vacant in that movie. She's a complete drip. Seriously, she deserved to be killed off with that poisoned apple. I can't stand her. If I were in that movie, I'd kill her myself.

I think she was deliberately made that way. Disney wanted her innocence and childishness to appeal to audiences.

I am sure they did.

Epic fail on the "appealing" part.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 1:37 pm

ping-machine wrote:
Descartes wrote:
ping-machine wrote:

I am sure they did.

Epic fail on the "appealing" part.

I think it was just standard at the time. It was fashionable for female protagonists to be bubbly and girlish - think of Betty Boop. Also, you have to remember that this was all before the feminist movements, so the "damsel in distress" strope was pretty standard.

Also, if you thought Disney's Snow White was a dimwit, just read the original fairy tale, in which the Evil Queen visited the dwarfs' cottage three times, and Snow White let her in each time. :roll: