Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 11:08 pm

For anybody interested in working for a startup. I am starting one with my boyfriend. We have come to the point where we are looking for additional people in the early stages of the startup.

We need programmers and a UI wizard.

When we say we are looking for experience in the part below this is that you have the necessary skill sets. I know that some of you have gaps in your resume, or that may not be developed a traditional resume. What the to know is if you can do the work, are technically skilled, and have some experience doing these languages and tasks and will stick with the project.

The reason why I am looking specifically for people on the spectrum, is the fact we are looking for skilled programmers who will stick with an idea and contribute to make it better. I also know because of social skills and office politics, there are sometimes barriers to employment even in technical areas. I also believe in recruiting folks in non-traditional ways and in non-traditional communities. Lastly, I am on the spectrum myself and am part of this board, so I felt it only right to recruit here.
The rest you need to know is below.

If you are interested...PM me with a resume and contact information.

Quote:
We have several needs, which are different, so there are two different ads.
1 - Backend programming

Overview
Be one of the first few to join us, and help create an outstanding development team. We are looking for someone who is skilled at developing robust, scalable systems. We are at a very early stage of development, and we are open to being influenced by your experiences.

Responsibilities
Assist in the design & execution of a effective, scalable architecture for our application.
Experience in Web Services, designing APIs
Take ownership of your assigned pieces of the project, and to some extent the entire project. Its success will be your success.

Experience
Super smart software engineer who can learn new technologies and languages fast
Willing to work on entire project from back to front
Able to show something you have done to demonstrate your skills
Located in the Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD area is required

Skills
What subset of these do you have?
Object-Oriented language: Java, C#, Ruby, Python, PHP ?
Object-Relational Modelling: Entity Framework 4, OpenAccess, Castle, NHibernate, LINQ to SQL, XPO, ?
Database: SQL Server, Azure SQL, MySQL, Objectivity, Versant, Gemstone, Cassandra, Hadoop, Azure Tables, CouchDB/Membase/Couchbase, ?
Experience with and/or knowledge of Agile development methodology

Education
Experience is far more important, however, a BS or MS in CS or EE is preferred.

Compensation
Early employee equity (which is all the founders are getting), at least until we get funding. Open to bringing team members on for a project at a time, as well. Open for discussion.

UI Engineer
Overview
Be one of the first few to join us, and help create an outstanding development team. We are looking for someone skilled in the layout and design of HTML 5 web pages.

Responsibilities
Based on the mockups from our domain expert, create outstanding HTML pages
Pages should download quickly and run on browsers currently in use by our user community (at least IE 8, 9, Chrome, Firefox 3.6, and 4, Safari).

Experience
Be a rocket scientist with HTML & CSS.
Willing to work on entire project from back to front
Able to show something you have done to demonstrate your skills
Located in the Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD area is required

Skills
Required: HTML, CSS, some Javascript & Libraries, Photoshop
Desired: Experince in skinning frameworks, such as Telerik, DevExpress, JQuery / JQueryUI, JavaServer Faces, Swing, YUI, Ext, Rails, etc.
Desired: ASP.Net, C#, Java, Java frameworks, Ruby, Python, PHP
Familiarity with concepts of the semantic web, and how to best implement that
Familiar with various techniques for communicating with the web server
SEO experience
Experience with and/or knowledge of Agile development methodology

Education
Experience is far more important, however, a, BFA, MFA, BA, BS or MS in Graphic Design, Web Design, CS or EE is preferred.

Compensation
Early employee equity (which is all the founders are getting), at least until we get funding. Open to bringing team members on for a project at a time, as well. Open for discussion.