Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2011, 11:05 pm

whats the point its illegal expensive and corrupts the brain my whol family does them and i am over it! :x

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 11:41 pm

Honestly?

Activating the pleasure centers in the brain.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 11:50 pm

Fast answer...because they're fun (for some people).

Some people actually do drugs to be "popular", some do them because they think it's more convenient than explaining why they don't want to, some do them because they actually like them. I use (certain) recreational drugs. I'd prefer they be legal, but that alone isn't going to stop me. "Gateway" drugs aren't expensive unless you're doing them ALL the time. It would be expensive to be hooked on cocaine or heroine, but to smoke pot occasionally isn't really expensive. As for brain damage, it would depend on the drug in question and I'm sure someone would argue with you on a lot of drugs.

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2011, 1:03 am

alot of people also use pot to self medicate so they can stop having anxiety or feeling depressed. i see this in my inlaws alot.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 2:33 am

I have a few reasons for using them:
it can be fun
It takes away the pain(depression, anxiety, PTSD, aspergers and other possible conditions makes things rather hard ot deal with)
Curiousity is another reason, effects on the mind can be intresting.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 4:55 am

Because a lot of people are idiots and give in to peer pressure, wanting to be popular.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 6:35 am

I personally take more of a "Live and Let Live" philosophy to drug use. I don't partake of any but that is a personal choice. I take responsibility for myself and don't worry if someone else decides to use or not to use drugs.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 6:42 am

Aspinator wrote:
I personally take more of a "Live and Let Live" philosophy to drug use. I don't partake of any but that is a personal choice. I take responsibility for myself and don't worry if someone else decides to use or not to use drugs.

In the case of drugs, its more like "live and let die."

I agree with the OP.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 2:12 pm

Simonono wrote:
Because a lot of people are idiots and give in to peer pressure, wanting to be popular.

I think that reason has been blown out of proportion......I mean I never did any drugs over peer pressure and I don't know many people who have. Sure peer pressure may play a role for some people but its not like the main reason people try drugs its a very minor reason.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 3:13 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Simonono wrote:

I think that reason has been blown out of proportion......I mean I never did any drugs over peer pressure and I don't know many people who have. Sure peer pressure may play a role for some people but its not like the main reason people try drugs its a very minor reason.

I disagree. While Aspies tend to be less likely to give in to peer pressure (me, and evidently you, included), many of my peers (16-17 years old) have done drugs with their mates to be cool.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 4:44 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Simonono wrote:

I disagree. While Aspies tend to be less likely to give in to peer pressure (me, and evidently you, included), many of my peers (16-17 years old) have done drugs with their mates to be cool.

I have never done drugs to be 'cool' I was curious about them so I tried them.....The thought 'people will like me more if I do this' never crossed my mind. There are some drugs I see as more recreational and better for occasional use. Others I use more to self medicate as some would say. Maybe I've just been more exposed to people who where not too worried about fitting in.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 12:10 am

I never did drugs to be cool either, I was just curious and in college. I smoke marijuana recreationally because it relaxes me and is like a short reprieve from everything.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 5:23 am

If people don't like drugs it's probably for the best.

It's a personal choice, and sometimes it shakes out well but sometimes it doesn't

roll the dice you crazy kids, if you dare

tread lightly

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 11:17 am

I tell people "I am messed up enough as it is", the last thing I need is to be stuck with a drug abuse/addiction problem.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 11:18 am

I get addicted too easily.
I kicked it once.

slasher666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2011, 2:24 am

I certainly wouldn't bother with crystal meth or any of that crap that would turn you schizophrenic and make all your teeth fall out, and I don't even believe in regular cigarettes (if those even count as a drug), but I would like to try a smoking a cigarette sometime just to see what it's like and how horrible they are. I'd make sure I'd quit before the addiction became too strong. I also have to make sure I get drunk at least once in my lifetime. After I'd already tried both those things, I'd love to try smoking pot sometime, maybe with some friends on a Friday or Saturday night. If I've done that, I'll try LSD, but I'd have to make sure I was locked in a padded cell before I tried it, because who the hell knows what kind of crazy stuff you could get yourself into when you're on an acid trip! I imagine an acid trip being like a magic thrill ride that's scary but therefore awesome! Some guy on the bus coming home from school told me a while ago that I should take acid and then go to FearFest (an event that takes place at Canada's Wonderland, which I went to last year with my siblings and best friend, which was awesome!), and I'd love to take his advice, that'd be a double thrill ride! I might want to try salvia (not to be confused with saliva) sometime; last I heard it actually wasn't illegal in Canada. I've seen and heard about the horrible things that happen to drug addicts, so I don't want to do anything that's addictive, so pot, acid, and salvia should be pretty safe then. If I find out it's not addictive, I might want to try ecstasy. I only really like hippie drugs. I also like the idea of breaking minor laws like these, provided that I make sure that I can't get caught. My best friend (also an aspie) says I shouldn't do these drugs, which is a shame because I'd love to hang out some night and do drugs with him! 8) :D :P

P.S. Make sure my parents don't see this message; they'd kill me if they found out that I actually felt the way I mentioned just now!

slasher666, Pickering, ON :wink: