Avoiding eye contact to avoid rejection.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 11:37 pm

Have you ever done so to avoid feeling pain? I sometimes resort to doing this because I get so sick of somebody either being rude to me by ignoring me, or just acting too good, that I beat them to it, and close my eyes or keep my gaze down.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 3:25 am

yeah i pretty much avoided eye contact when I told this guy I liked him and he rejected me. We were trying to talk and, I couldnt look at him at all. He was trying to make eye contact but then I seriously couldnt.

tapedeckghost2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2011, 7:51 pm

i hate making eye contact with people i don't know, and i can hardly do it with close friends. especially uncomfortable when you are in a group with friends of friends, because you don't want to make the strangers uncomfortable. eye contact sucks, but i guess we have to work on it.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 1:58 am

tapedeckghost2 wrote:
i hate making eye contact with people i don't know, and i can hardly do it with close friends. especially uncomfortable when you are in a group with friends of friends, because you don't want to make the strangers uncomfortable. eye contact sucks, but i guess we have to work on it.

That had nothing to do with what I was getting at.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2011, 5:30 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Have you ever done so to avoid feeling pain? I sometimes resort to doing this because I get so sick of somebody either being rude to me by ignoring me, or just acting too good, that I beat them to it, and close my eyes or keep my gaze down.

Iv only conciously not looked at someone because im distancing my self from someone because i think they are not nice

i would never do that on purpose to someone who is too good and im not sure there is a too good i think its nice for people to be lovely to me they don't deserve that and that would make me as bad as the rude

But i know people have different ideas :)

i avoid eye contact because its scary as if il be rejected by whoever it is iv learnt you can simulate it by looking at there nose or some where near the eye i have looked into eyes and had a little peak though :) i looked into my last gfs alot when i was with her her eyes they were lovely :) she wasn't very nice inside so im glad she went :)