Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (good movie and good game)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Do you think that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is one of the few franchises with both a good movie and a good video game?
Yes. 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
No. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Not sure. 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
What the heck is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World!? 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2011, 2:25 pm

I believe that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is one of the very few franchises that has both a good movie and a good video game. I actually saw the movie some time ago with a friend of mine and it was nothing less than amazing :). The plot of a twenty-something guy beating up a league of his love interest's exes in order for him to start dating her was well-executed in my opinion. I even played the Scott Pilgrim video game that was on the Xbox Live Arcade and it was a whole lot of fun :). I could find nothing in the game that I really hate.

Personally, I find the fact that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World having both a good movie and a good video game interesting since only very few franchises actually exhibit this. Usually, a franchise with a good video game tends to have a bad movie and a franchise with a good movie tends to have a bad game.

I am wondering if anyone else here feels the same way as I do.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2011, 2:42 pm

I haven't played the game, but I am getting the DVD of the film soon.

Idiotchief
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2011, 3:35 pm

One of my favorite movies. The game while well done was a arcade street fighter so i passed.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:48 am

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't say if it's as good as the comic (which I haven't read), but the game was pretty fun if you can get past all the game-freezing glitches.

BTW, if you liked that game, this one is by the same devs (though I don't think Paul Robertson worked on it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUQyefZqck

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 1:00 pm

Only if I go ONETWOTHREEFOUR, is that correct? (Honks Sabbra's nose and runs off laughing like a maniac)

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 1:46 pm

The comic book, I really enjoyed. It's funny and I read all the volumes in just a couple days. The game is pretty fun. The movie is awesome! As soon as it came out on blu-ray I picked it up. It's one of my favorites now.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 3:53 pm

Absolutely! I loved the movie, and my boyfriend is a huge fan of the original comic series. It was only a matter of time before he got the video game & we were both playing it.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 7:50 pm

I thought the movie was dumb and I couldn't care less about what happened to the characters by the film's end, but the game was good.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2011, 2:05 pm

Love the Movie and Comic and the game is GREAT.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 5:05 pm

Have not played the game yet, but one of my friends has a PS3, and I showed him the movie a couple weeks ago. Guess I'll have to wait and see if he gets the game. :)