Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2011, 10:48 am

We have a party invitation from a classmate and apparently he has a twin brother. The invite has both names listed, but I don't know much about the child much less his brother. So what gift suggestions for a young one and do I get a second gift for the brother :?: I don't know what is the appropriate response in this situation.

Kailuamom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 10:55 am

Before I can make a gift recommendation, I need to know how old the kids are.

Yes, give something to both kids. You may be technically correct if you dont, but this is one of these social things that would just be better if you do.

michelle1970
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2011, 11:03 am

I was thinking that because the invitation has both of their names, then yes you should give to both. But you can also give a gift that both of them can play together, this way you can put both of their names on the gift. I know because you really dont know the twin brother you wouldnt know what he would like or be into. Because they are twins Im sure they play lots of games together. I have a sister who is two years older then me and at christmas my parents would give us a few gifts together, knowing that we would play them together.

BonnieBlueWater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2011, 11:03 am

You might want to talk to the mother. My son went to a twins birthday party - they were turning 6. We brought 2 presents. It was a huge problem because the presents were different. Apparently the boys always thought that whatever the other had was better - so the parents had this practice of always giving the EXACT SAME THING to each one.

Just a thought.

Also... on the postings - the date is listed as Feb. 22. Isn't today Feb 21?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 1:06 pm

BonnieBlueWater wrote:
Also... on the postings - the date is listed as Feb. 22. Isn't today Feb 21?

In your profile you set the date and time standard for where you are. I forget where it defaults to, but somewhere in the world it is the 22nd already ;)

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

As a mom to twins, I would say it is best to buy a present for both unless otherwise specified, and buying the exact same gift or something very similar (example: two in different colours, or 2 of the same series) is usually the simplest for everyone involved.

Without knowing the age of the boys it is hard to say, but Lego would probably be a safe bet. Ninjago Lego is new and popular right now, as are the random minifig packs, any boys from about 5-12 would probably be happy with those.

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2011, 2:21 pm

Thanks everyone as this is a big help. I will probably find some Leggos or other toys similiar for them to head off any problems :)