Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

Everyone has their opinions on this subject. I have discussions with friends about this all the time. There are sceptics and their are the ones who believe. The word Pyschic has many meanings its the ability to be able to atune to the other side, people who are wondering in our world who are lost and havent found their way into the light. There are people who have the ability to hear, see and speak to spirits who are called mediums and then there are clarvoints who are able to predict your future and also possess the ability to hear, see and speak to spirits.

When we go ghosthunting we usually have two mediums with us and people who possess different talents my talent is the ability to draw the person who the medium is talking to at the time in the place we are at and defend the group when something bad happens such as if someone gets possessed by a bad spirit to being aware of whats around you and being able to cast the right spell if something bad appears. Most of the mediums I know and clarvoints are pagan and into the pagan traditions and mythologys to learning the pagan spells. I am pagan and Im learning about the spells, the crystals and the pagan way of life to their traditions clothing what they eat how they lived to making weapons such as swords and shields and how to use them. All of us are into medieval gatherings . We also find out who we were in our past and if we were related in our past. As a ghosthunting group we can feel if we are in pain, if we are in trouble or if a bad spirit precence is in our homes we all get to and ring each other or turn up at each others house if anythings wrong we have this bond which I cant explain that bonds and bounds the group togeather for eternety we are all family. talents my talent is the ability to draw the person who the medium is talking to at the time in the place we are at and defend the group when something bad happens such as if someone gets possessed by a bad spirit to being aware of whats around you and being able to cast the right spell if something bad appears. Most of the mediums I know and clarvoints are pagan and into the pagan traditions and mythologys to learning the pagan spells. I am pagan and Im learning about the spells, the crystals and the pagan way of life to their traditions clothing what they eat how they lived to making weapons such as swords and shields and how to use them. All of us are into medieval gatherings . We also find out who we were in our past and if we were related in our past. As a ghosthunting group we can feel if we are in pain, if we are in trouble or if a bad spirit precence is in our homes we all get to and ring each other or turn up at each others house if anythings wrong we have this bond which I cant explain that bonds and bounds the group togeather for eternety we are all family.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 10:17 pm

DC wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Pffft you see it all the time in humans and animals, both. Somepeople call it "gut instinct." It does exist. Science only has to unravel the mystery of how it exists. What makes it possible.

Minds are like umbrellas, they only work when they are open ;)

With a claim like 'I can read your mind' what science normally does is establish whether or not that person can actually read minds. Only after they have proved they can do it will a scientist bother to work out how it is done.

Not a single person in centuries of claims has ever been able to prove that they can actually read minds and not a single credible mechanism is available for these abilities to exist, so it is fairly safe to file psychic ability in the BS draw along with homoeopathy and perpetual motion machines.

What you propose is most likely impossible. I never claimed someone can read another's mind on a constant basis one hundred percent of the time.

You're right. No one can do that.

However individuals can read another's mind sometimes, plus they can experience gut instinct and bouts of precognition. Thoughts can influence outcomes.

Once science discovers why that is, technology involving what you are talkinng about could be developed. Technology could improve what we already have.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:46 am

DC wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Pffft you see it all the time in humans and animals, both. Somepeople call it "gut instinct." It does exist. Science only has to unravel the mystery of how it exists. What makes it possible.

Minds are like umbrellas, they only work when they are open ;)

With a claim like 'I can read your mind' what science normally does is establish whether or not that person can actually read minds. Only after they have proved they can do it will a scientist bother to work out how it is done.

Not a single person in centuries of claims has ever been able to prove that they can actually read minds and not a single credible mechanism is available for these abilities to exist, so it is fairly safe to file psychic ability in the BS draw along with homoeopathy and perpetual motion machines.

This is what always bothers me about scientific types (no offense meant!). They tend to assume that SCIENCE KNOWS ALL, and anything that's not proven/disproven DIRECTLY yet, must not in any way be possible.

Could psychic abilities be real? Danged if I know.... but I do know that scientists DONT know. "reading minds" may not be doable (most people tend to not even know what they themselves are thinking, let alone others...) but other applications may. People though have this astonishing tendancy to ABSOLUTELY REFUTE something because *they* believe it cannot possibly be true, despite an absolute and utter lack of knowledge on the subject.

My own thoughts on the matter are simple: I dont actually care. And I dont think science is sufficiently advanced enough yet to properly examine this matter. But really.... who gives a flip? I myself can demonstrate a couple of "abilities", so to speak.... but is that "psychic" mumbo-jumbo, or some form of, for instance, advanced extrapolation? Do I actually CARE which it is? Not remotely! It could be either for all I know, but the result is the same actual effect.

I also wonder... why does anyone bother arguing about it? Currently, the arguement over it is pretty much non-ending and pointless, so..... seems kinda a waste of time.

But that's my usual thoughts on such matters. I'm not a big fan of "effort", so I tend to just go "bah. Who cares?" on things like this.

As it is, I'll make this one post here and then likely forget the topic exists.