Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 2:05 am

MrMark wrote:
Dance. Just dance. Do it alone. Do it with a partner. Put on your favorite loud music and just do it. 10 minutes a day. More if you're having fun. Sway a little, bounce off the walls, whatever you feel like. If you can figure out a way to make it fun, you'll do it. Hope this helps.
-Mark
:jester: :heart: :jester:

That's just what I was going to say...I'm not a big excersize fan but I like dancing. Ditto on the excersize as transportation idea-- I've found I can stay semi-fit by walking/cycling a lot.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2006, 6:33 pm

Hiking is really easy to do, as is treadmilling. There's something soothing about seeing the miles traveled climb on a display as you keep walking. For something more intensive, I'm going to enroll in a fencing club at my college next semester. Nothing cuts calories than trying to dodge saber slashes though you can always try martial arts for similar effect; Karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, etc. are common examples but there are other ones out there (I want to learn Krav Maga but there are no teachers nearby). Maybe try something more extreme; quit playing Tony Hawk and go get a skateboard. Try jumping a bench or some other obstacle and work your way to more elaborate stunts. The point is you shouldn't lead a sedentary lifestyle as exercise will make you feel better because you'll have a better self-image about your body and because of endorphin release that exercise results in.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 11:31 am

Hooray for endorphins!!

05 Sep 2006, 2:48 am

I don't excerise much myself either but I'm still very thin but I don't eat much. I probably get my exercise from working.