Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2011, 10:00 am

Does anyone go to vocational Rehab in their state for their disability? I am eligible for OVR services and need to seek out peer support in the mental health program, and cognitive behavior therapy. I was wondering if anyone else here recieves these services and do they help? I also need to keep seeing my therapist and psychiatrist.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 11:58 am

Hi Nikki. I have some experience with OVR and other disability services in Pennsylvania. (On both sides of the fence, as a consumer of services and as someone who works for a nonprofit disability services agency). But, what is available can vary a lot based upon where you live and other factors. What state are you in?

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2011, 8:45 pm

Pa, but i see you are in lancaster i don't live near there.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 10:17 am

My company's corporate office is in Lancaster and that's where we're headquartered, but we do serve other regions in PA. We also have a Resource Center you can call for help locating resources in your local area, even if we cannot help you through one of our own programs. Feel free to PM me for our office's phone number or my email, if you'd like us to see if we can help in any way.

Some services, like peer support services through regional Centers for Independent Living, do vary from region to region, in terms of what is available. But, other programs, like the PA Adult Autism Waiver and OVR, are statewide and pretty consistent in what they offer from county to county.

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2011, 10:40 am

I get a laptop to use for school
[they don't want me to get on the internet but they have like 3 web browsers on the pc so i use my ipod to connect i'm at school now in history done with my test]
:D

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2011, 9:49 pm

Thanks blueroses, here they are helping me and going to set up an appointment soon. I appreciate your help.