Why do I hate almost every movie I see?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 3:16 pm

The majority of movies that come out of Hollywood are crap. They're all rehashed ideas and remakes. I don't blame you for hating most of the movies you see. I was at the video store today actually and I couldn't believe that some idiot thought that making a sequal to Mean Girls would actually be a worthy investment. Pathetic.

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

I think depression is a big contributor, yes. Things just don't seem funny.

I've also noticed that a lot of the films and books we have collected here just don't appeal to me anymore. I think I was using them as guide books on how to be normal, and I'm no longer so interested in that, now that I know I am hard-wired to be this way.

I also can't identify with the struggles of most film characters, they already seem to have so much. I realise how that sounds, but I seldom meet anyone anymore that I personally can feel sorry for.

Not something I would say out loud, in person :(

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Movies are made to manipulate your emotions. If you can see right through their crass and clumsy attempts to manipulate you, you won't become engrossed in them or find them funny. I know I never watch movies, and I find so-called comedies especially stupid.

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 4:04 pm

^above poster is correct. Which reminds me of theatre. Perhaps theatre will help you? some live theatre. There is just something different about watching live theatre which makes it different from television or movies. Also, try the indi-stream of movies. The alternative selections. The backlash from pop movies.

I will give you two examples, The Dark City. MR.Nobody.

Here (in these two movies) we can find a larger picture. Actual meanings within the movies, which are not yelled from the screen into your face.

I gave up on movies. Only watch them regularly with the knowledge that they are horrible, just to see what hollywood has come up with to take our money with. See if they have progressed at all.

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2011, 8:34 pm

I don't feel so bad if I didn't pay, so I wait till stuff comes on tv.

And one of our channels shows foreign films once a week and some of them are pretty good. They aren't even that foreign.

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

AspieDa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2011, 11:51 pm

I for one have a very European sense of humor and find most American humor to be crude and base.

For all of us to scatter,
caution to the wind-Chameleons U.K.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 10:18 am

I don't really enjoy watching films that much these days as i find them rather pointless to be fair.

Scorpion_Heart
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2011, 12:08 pm

I hate almost every movie I see, too, as well as TV shows because they are filled with lame jokes (usually bad penis and potty humor types) and are so dumbed down that I'd have to cut my IQ in half to be amused. Most of the movies I like are old, such as Planet of the Apes. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie that was clever and interesting.