Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 11:26 am

in high school i also known a person who stayed home all day just to PUT A COAT OF WAX ON HIS CAR!

so dont feel bad, even though i think it is really obcessive to do somethign like that and effect a student's attendance record but i woudn't stay home to fix one of my door closers if it leaked oil or needed a part. what i would do is ask if the high school i was going to had spare part. if a leak id keep the closer at home so i dont walk around place smelling like hydraulic fluid.

now that i have graduated high school since 2002 i dont need to really worry about school but still loved it.

i find nothing wrong with people having the strong obcession in things like world of warcraft or other internet games to the not so common things like drums or spacific parts of things such as the closing devices on doors or a spacific type of tube in old electronics.

solidess, i have had a time were i thought i was only one who liked door hardware then i have found a few people who like hardware too or understand my love for hardware because of AS.

people who dont like you becuase of the love of the spacific part or interest isnt really your freind real friends look at the person for who they are. sharing same interests can help spark relationships and help understand eachother.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 9:49 am

I went through an obsession with Pokemon a few years ago. Given that I was in my twenties, that could possibly be considered lame. :?

(I still play sometimes...)

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2006, 10:47 am

I was obsessed with the military and the maggot name calling, but now I have stopped.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2006, 11:38 am

I'm obsessed with trees, and with organic/sustainable gardening with heavy emphasis on techniques to rebuild topsoil. Many people find that extremely boring, so I seldom discuss it with anyone.

If your obsession gives you joy, and isn't hurting anyone, why worry about it? It belongs to you.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2006, 12:18 pm

lae, you would have loved my technical school class when the teacher was still alive,if he was givin a day he would talk the ears off people about plants, horticulture, and nature so dont feel bad.