Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.

...so that your doctor can then prescribe you benzos which are more addictive, more debilitating and more dangerous than pot?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

Illegal like gayness? n****rs on buses? and shops open on Sundays?

pffft

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2011, 6:00 pm

There are good laws and bad laws just like there are good people and bad people.

Good people do not obey bad laws.

Aspergers should be even better, we should harass and harass until we get the bad laws change. Harassment is what we're good at, let's get to work!

Anonymously, of course ;)

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2011, 11:28 pm

DGuru wrote:
countzarroff wrote:
people with AS should be careful of drugs especially. They can fool you into thinking that you're acting less awkward because you lose your anxiety. Its good to have a little anxiety to moderate your behavior.

Screw that.

It's my life, I rather be a little awkward than nervous all the time. Why should I have to be unhappy so people can see me as normal? I'm odd, I accept that, I have people in my life who accept me the way I am, screw all the haters. I've found that I actually do a lot worse socially if I'm constantly worrying about screwing up anyways. If I really offend someone I know how to apologize. If I just seem kind of "weird", which is usually the case then great I take pride in that! I am done trying to be "normal".

Pot, among other things has actually taught me things. I reflected on the altered state of consciousness and copied the more helpful aspects of it into my everyday sober state, so overtime I've become more calm. I also sometimes get profound social insights. For example I came to the realization that people's judgements aren't set in stone the moment they make them. The things you say and do right afterwards can change their perception. You could say something, realize that was offensive, and then say something else that modifies the previous meaning of what you said, or turn it into a joke. It's still not easy to apply this but it's gotten easier.

It can be helpful to adopt a different perspective sometimes, and that's what an altered state of consciousness is, a different perspective.

You're right my friend. It is your life. And I can't tell you what to do. Maybe you haven't had as much trouble as I have, but I can tell you that drugs made me do some stupid things when I fooled around with them. I never got into any serious trouble, but I know people who did and its hard to shake off.

But why should you put up with that anxiety and not have a problem with social awkwardness? I don't know, maybe because we live in a society? Yeah conformity is something we all do every day. You have rights, but you also have expectations for if you want other people to be comfortable around you. I can fart in a crowded elevator and not get in any trouble legally, but other people may not want to be around me after I do it. You may wake up one morning to find out that you did something that made a lot of people angry the previous night. Bad reputations are hard to shake off. Look at Mel Gibson. He was once considered one of the most amazing film directors but it took only one drunk comment to shatter his career. Keep that in mind when you say you don't care what other people think.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

07 Mar 2011, 11:37 pm

I've seen many pothead and different guy who does harder drugs... Doing stupid thing is related to the persons personnality. Many of my friends who do cannabis don't do stupid things while high, well not more than when they aren't high.... But I do know many of my friends who takes alcohol and do many stupid things, like fight over nothing, say stupid things... When you're high on pot you don't do stupid things because you're high, but because you are less shy... while alcohol profoundly change the behavior and judgment. In fact, I'm much more polite while high!

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:10 am

JSMC wrote:
I've seen many pothead and different guy who does harder drugs... Doing stupid thing is related to the persons personnality. Many of my friends who do cannabis don't do stupid things while high, well not more than when they aren't high.... But I do know many of my friends who takes alcohol and do many stupid things, like fight over nothing, say stupid things... When you're high on pot you don't do stupid things because you're high, but because you are less shy... while alcohol profoundly change the behavior and judgment. In fact, I'm much more polite while high!

quoted for truth,
mostly when i drink i only drink a couple of units, if i get too hammered i feel disgusting.
even then its limited how many times i drink, more of a social thing usually.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Mishmash
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

I have really enjoyed reading this thread; including the misinformed, badly constructed arguments!
Everyone is different and everyone will have their own opinion - that is on EVERYTHING in life not just this topic.
I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the website 'Erowid' during the discussion - I am too new here to post links yet, but if you put Erowid into Goodle it *should* come up. This is a good website documenting up and down sides of various substances (included LEGAL ones like Valium, alcohol and tobacco). It also includes chemical constructions, which may be of interest to the more scientifically-minded! :o)

I will leave with this thought: "Just because a person has had a past negative experience with an activity doesn't mean that everyone has had the same experience, or agrees with your point of view". I had a bad experience once with a friend taking drugs, but that doesn't mean I am going to demonise everyone who has previously partaken in substances, or is potentially going to partake of them in the future. If one bangs on about one's opinions to the detriment of the debate, people will assume you have poor debating skills and will get frustrated and your (probably) valid point will most definitely fall on deaf ears.

P.S. How is Mel Gibson being drunk and ending his career at all relevant to this thread?! Or have I missed something? LOL

cider123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

Personally I have used cannabis about 1 year daily now. I feel better in general, the anxiety and especially I stop thinking so damn much, as I do when sober. Socially I have gotten more good friends while using cannabis, than during my whole life. Yes they do smoke cannabis, but they are also the most compasionate, friendly, kind friends I have ever had. All my other friends, became friends with me because they would gain on it somehow.

Regarding the gateway theory,
I have tried other drugs such as Cocaine, Amphetamine, Ecstacy, Schrooms & a couple of mild opiates. Sure I did smoke cannabis before this, but I would surely tried the other drugs because I am a very curious person. In fact, Alcohol is the gateway drug if anything. I have now tried those drugs, and the only ones I would continue to ever use is Ecstacy & Schrooms, wich are very not harmful unless a high overdose. And they may be fun and enlightening to use, but cannabis is my drug of choice if I had to choose.
I can pretty much swear that if cannabis was not illegal in my country, I would still never have gotten the chance to try the other drugs. Think about that, all haters.

I will probably never do any other drug in my life besides some beers, cannabis and possibly LSD since it also is harmless. I never have bad trips, because I know way to much about drugs to actually take an overdose.

What am I trying to say? Well, Cannabis helps me to feel like I want to feel. Why would anyone want to take my happiness away? I am of course not saying cannabis is a saint sent from God, but it helps me feel better about myself, and to cope better in life.

Illuminata
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2017, 5:52 pm

I use cannabis for autistic anxiety and to fully let my mind roam. It CAN be stressful and cause paranoia if you aren't in a comfortable situation or you are worried about getting in trouble. But I, and at least three other friends on the spectrum, have benefited from using cannabis. We don't have to have it, but at times it can enhance the positive cognitive and creative bents of our minds. Of course, I don't want to encourage anyone to break the law in their state, but if ANYthing helps my state of mind and helps me sleep, it is worth a try. I enjoy my mind on cannabis and off of it, the secret is not doing any more than you need to function.
I KNOW other people out there who are Aspies do this, or is it just in MY town?!