Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JSMC
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2011, 1:18 pm

Chronos wrote:
JSMC wrote:

Hmm did I said I have a lot of friend? I think so and I do have Asperger Syndrom. I've tried to stop cannabis for about 8 months, those months where horrible to me. I haven't been more alone in my life than during those months. Without cannabis I can surely state that today I would be on my own with no friends at all.

If they are not your friends when you/they are not smoking pot, then they are not your friends, period.

LOL, that's a funny sentence. Do you even know why I stoped seeing them??? It was because they were going out a lot in bars or place with a lot of people. We are a good gang, at least 12 of my friends got to university, with their girlfriend that makes big party, 20-30-50 people... So without cannabis I was just too anxious. They did called me to do stuff, but I just refused, just too much too handle this on a regular basis. That's a problem you have Chronos, you talk before you know!! !

For example, just last night, my friend did a show in a rock contest in a Montreal Bar (they won 1st place by the way :) ). The bar had at least 60-70 people in a kind of a small place. I really don't like being touched, but it was just impossible to find a place where nobody would touch me. I did manage to handle this pressure because I smoked pot before. When I don't smoke I just can't stay, I feel so anxious not to be touched so I stop going out, which mean I stop seeing my friend on my own decision, which lead to social isolation... You underestimate the effect of cannabis a lot!

Dillonski
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2011, 1:53 pm

Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 2:24 pm

Dillon--I agree that it's a bad idea to smoke pot, but it's no worse than drinking; probably somewhat better than drinking, in fact, because drinking is more dangerous.

Until it's legal, I won't recommend it to anyone, but mostly because the government overreacts to drug convictions and you don't want to ruin your prospects of a job. A temporary high is not something worth risking your future for.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Puppygnu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2011, 2:26 pm

This is an interesting thread. I will post a poll about this.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2011, 2:38 pm

Cannabis is legal for medical uses in Canada. The it's illegal "argument" is something I have always a hard time with. Yes they're reason because it's illegal, but it's more economical issues than danger to the human body. It became legal in Canada in 2001, was illegal before but it changed because of it's BENEFICES to human body

In fact, alcool is deadly, cigarette is deadly, some food you eat everyday could be deadly if used too much, most of the medication you would buy at the pharmacy are deadly if overdosed. It's totally IMPOSSIBLE to die or suffer long term effect from ANY AMOUNT of ingested cannabis. It's a proven fact based on researchS done.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.

Out of curiosity have you even looked into why it is illegal? or are you just accepting that because it is illegal it should be illegal? Cannabis has been proven to be safer then alcohol and ciggerettes, yet alcohol and ciggerettes are legal. Also cannabis when used for medicianal purposes is safer then some pharmacuticles.....due to being less addictive and having less side effects then some.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:25 pm

CannabisForAutism wrote:

No refs. to back up his claims.

Personal experience and the responses of the individuals here.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2011, 3:43 pm

Chronos, with all due respect, are you able to elaborate? Do you have facts to back up your claims? Or do you simply do the argumentative strategy of bashing the other side of your belief? The reason I did that post was to inform people who are naturally against it because of their lack of information or because they base all their belief on faith or "brainwashing"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

I recommend all of you read The Pot Book, can't remember the name of the author but she's a licenced psychiatrist and its a good place to start if you actually want to learn some real facts about cannabis, not the baised information you get out of the mainstream media.

It goes into detail about different cannabanoids besides THC and how the brain is effected by these different cannabanoids......also different strains with more of some cannabanoids and less of others can be bred for different medicinal uses.....there is also a nice few pages about how cannabis reacts with the brain.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 5:42 pm

I am one of those people who also tried it and said 'no thanks'. It has a tendancy to make me paranoid and I simply dislike the sensation. But that's just me. I think everyone should be abel to make their own choice. I have personally witnessed pot do remarkable things for cancer patients and their pain. I have seen people with anxiety manage their condition without the need for addictive drugs. The benefits seem to far outweigh the negatives.

People should have a choice.

Dillonski
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2011, 6:01 pm

Callista wrote:
Dillon--I agree that it's a bad idea to smoke pot, but it's no worse than drinking; probably somewhat better than drinking, in fact, because drinking is more dangerous.

Until it's legal, I won't recommend it to anyone, but mostly because the government overreacts to drug convictions and you don't want to ruin your prospects of a job. A temporary high is not something worth risking your future for.

Thank you for agreeing with my opinion it is nice too meet someone who shares the same views as me on this matter.

Dillonski
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2011, 6:08 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Dillonski wrote:

Out of curiosity have you even looked into why it is illegal? or are you just accepting that because it is illegal it should be illegal? Cannabis has been proven to be safer then alcohol and ciggerettes, yet alcohol and ciggerettes are legal. Also cannabis when used for medicianal purposes is safer then some pharmacuticles.....due to being less addictive and having less side effects then some.

I see your point but it still is harmful to the body and the law is the law and I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 6:28 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Dillonski wrote:

I see your point but it still is harmful to the body and the law is the law and I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.

well by that logic EVERY SINGLE driver in denmark is driving illegally, no one has the, by LAW required, 'warning walker' in front of their cars.

the law was made when we got motor vehicles, every car should have a man with a flag and a bell 80 feet in front of the car at all times, to warn horsecarriages.
in theory the law is still valid but no one in their right mind would use it as anything but an example.
my teacher used to say 'when a law, is a law, just to be a law, it is not a law anymore'

*edit* sorry about that, leaving it cause i mean it, came across worse than i intended.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

DGuru
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm

Dillonski wrote:
I see your point but it still is harmful to the body

I beg to differ. Cannabis has been shown to kill tumor cells. If it's "harmful" in any way its because of the smoke. That's why they invented brownies and vaporizers.

Quote:
the law is the law

A=A. But that doesn't change the fact that in this case "A" is unjustified and came about in order to protect William Randolph Hearst's press company from the competition of hemp and continues to protect Big Pharma and give money to the DEA and the prison-industrial complex, and to give politicians something to fear-monger about.

Quote:
I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.

As a matter of principle I don't let unjust laws influence me other than some "safety precautions" and for example, I won't go out in public naked because then getting caught is guaranteed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:19 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Dillonski wrote:

Its probably not as harmful as you think.....if its smoked it can cause respitory damage, that can be avoided by consuming it in other ways. Which basically leaves no negative physical effects.....some people have bad psychological reactions, like it might make them paranoid and anxious rather then calm and relaxed. Also the high lasts much longer then a 'moment'....I enjoy it because it helps me keep my depression and anxiety under control. When I am smoking about a bowl per day I can manage my depression and anxiety easier even after the high wears off. But yeah I am safe about it......and avoid situations where i would get caught. but the effects are worth that risk to me, though I do everything I can to minimize the chances of getting caught.

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2011, 8:32 pm

Chronos wrote:
CannabisForAutism wrote:

No refs. to back up his claims.

Personal experience and the responses of the individuals here.

More effort needed. You need to actually research stuff before you talk about it. If you do this one more time we will have to assume that you are just baiting us, and we will attempt to have your contribution stricken from the stuck record you keep going round and round on.

When I say 'we', I think I mean me, or 'us'. But then I'm too drugged up and schizophrenic to know the difference.

lol