Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Puppygnu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 137

26 Feb 2011, 2:26 pm

This is an interesting thread. I will post a poll about this.



JSMC
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 101

26 Feb 2011, 2:38 pm

Cannabis is legal for medical uses in Canada. The it's illegal "argument" is something I have always a hard time with. Yes they're reason because it's illegal, but it's more economical issues than danger to the human body. It became legal in Canada in 2001, was illegal before but it changed because of it's BENEFICES to human body

In fact, alcool is deadly, cigarette is deadly, some food you eat everyday could be deadly if used too much, most of the medication you would buy at the pharmacy are deadly if overdosed. It's totally IMPOSSIBLE to die or suffer long term effect from ANY AMOUNT of ingested cannabis. It's a proven fact based on researchS done.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,714
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.


Out of curiosity have you even looked into why it is illegal? or are you just accepting that because it is illegal it should be illegal? Cannabis has been proven to be safer then alcohol and ciggerettes, yet alcohol and ciggerettes are legal. Also cannabis when used for medicianal purposes is safer then some pharmacuticles.....due to being less addictive and having less side effects then some.



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

26 Feb 2011, 3:25 pm

CannabisForAutism wrote:

No refs. to back up his claims.


Personal experience and the responses of the individuals here.



JSMC
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 101

26 Feb 2011, 3:43 pm

Chronos, with all due respect, are you able to elaborate? Do you have facts to back up your claims? Or do you simply do the argumentative strategy of bashing the other side of your belief? The reason I did that post was to inform people who are naturally against it because of their lack of information or because they base all their belief on faith or "brainwashing"



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,714
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

I recommend all of you read The Pot Book, can't remember the name of the author but she's a licenced psychiatrist and its a good place to start if you actually want to learn some real facts about cannabis, not the baised information you get out of the mainstream media.

It goes into detail about different cannabanoids besides THC and how the brain is effected by these different cannabanoids......also different strains with more of some cannabanoids and less of others can be bred for different medicinal uses.....there is also a nice few pages about how cannabis reacts with the brain.



draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,304
Location: SE Pennsylvania

26 Feb 2011, 5:42 pm

I am one of those people who also tried it and said 'no thanks'. It has a tendancy to make me paranoid and I simply dislike the sensation. But that's just me. I think everyone should be abel to make their own choice. I have personally witnessed pot do remarkable things for cancer patients and their pain. I have seen people with anxiety manage their condition without the need for addictive drugs. The benefits seem to far outweigh the negatives.

People should have a choice.



Dillonski
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 33

26 Feb 2011, 6:01 pm

Callista wrote:
Dillon--I agree that it's a bad idea to smoke pot, but it's no worse than drinking; probably somewhat better than drinking, in fact, because drinking is more dangerous.

Until it's legal, I won't recommend it to anyone, but mostly because the government overreacts to drug convictions and you don't want to ruin your prospects of a job. A temporary high is not something worth risking your future for.


Thank you for agreeing with my opinion it is nice too meet someone who shares the same views as me on this matter.



Dillonski
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 33

26 Feb 2011, 6:08 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.


Out of curiosity have you even looked into why it is illegal? or are you just accepting that because it is illegal it should be illegal? Cannabis has been proven to be safer then alcohol and ciggerettes, yet alcohol and ciggerettes are legal. Also cannabis when used for medicianal purposes is safer then some pharmacuticles.....due to being less addictive and having less side effects then some.


I see your point but it still is harmful to the body and the law is the law and I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.



Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,022
Location: in my own little tamarillo jungle,

26 Feb 2011, 6:28 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.


Out of curiosity have you even looked into why it is illegal? or are you just accepting that because it is illegal it should be illegal? Cannabis has been proven to be safer then alcohol and ciggerettes, yet alcohol and ciggerettes are legal. Also cannabis when used for medicianal purposes is safer then some pharmacuticles.....due to being less addictive and having less side effects then some.


I see your point but it still is harmful to the body and the law is the law and I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.


well by that logic EVERY SINGLE driver in denmark is driving illegally, no one has the, by LAW required, 'warning walker' in front of their cars.

the law was made when we got motor vehicles, every car should have a man with a flag and a bell 80 feet in front of the car at all times, to warn horsecarriages.
in theory the law is still valid but no one in their right mind would use it as anything but an example.
my teacher used to say 'when a law, is a law, just to be a law, it is not a law anymore'



*edit* sorry about that, leaving it cause i mean it, came across worse than i intended.


_________________
//through chaos comes complexity//

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.


DGuru
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 283

26 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm

Dillonski wrote:
I see your point but it still is harmful to the body


I beg to differ. Cannabis has been shown to kill tumor cells. If it's "harmful" in any way its because of the smoke. That's why they invented brownies and vaporizers.

Quote:
the law is the law


A=A. But that doesn't change the fact that in this case "A" is unjustified and came about in order to protect William Randolph Hearst's press company from the competition of hemp and continues to protect Big Pharma and give money to the DEA and the prison-industrial complex, and to give politicians something to fear-monger about.

Quote:
I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.


As a matter of principle I don't let unjust laws influence me other than some "safety precautions" and for example, I won't go out in public naked because then getting caught is guaranteed.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,714
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 Feb 2011, 8:19 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.


Out of curiosity have you even looked into why it is illegal? or are you just accepting that because it is illegal it should be illegal? Cannabis has been proven to be safer then alcohol and ciggerettes, yet alcohol and ciggerettes are legal. Also cannabis when used for medicianal purposes is safer then some pharmacuticles.....due to being less addictive and having less side effects then some.


I see your point but it still is harmful to the body and the law is the law and I would not recommend risking getting caught just for a momentary high.


Its probably not as harmful as you think.....if its smoked it can cause respitory damage, that can be avoided by consuming it in other ways. Which basically leaves no negative physical effects.....some people have bad psychological reactions, like it might make them paranoid and anxious rather then calm and relaxed. Also the high lasts much longer then a 'moment'....I enjoy it because it helps me keep my depression and anxiety under control. When I am smoking about a bowl per day I can manage my depression and anxiety easier even after the high wears off. But yeah I am safe about it......and avoid situations where i would get caught. but the effects are worth that risk to me, though I do everything I can to minimize the chances of getting caught.



CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 1 Oct 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 157
Location: London

26 Feb 2011, 8:32 pm

Chronos wrote:
CannabisForAutism wrote:

No refs. to back up his claims.


Personal experience and the responses of the individuals here.


More effort needed. You need to actually research stuff before you talk about it. If you do this one more time we will have to assume that you are just baiting us, and we will attempt to have your contribution stricken from the stuck record you keep going round and round on.

When I say 'we', I think I mean me, or 'us'. But then I'm too drugged up and schizophrenic to know the difference.

lol



Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 828

26 Feb 2011, 9:24 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.


Typing a long run-on sentence instead of using punctuation is annoying and is considered incorrect for a reason and that is because it's stupid and it's really annoying to read and it's obnoxious and fj;kldsagfdsaf;kla

But anyway... someone consulting a doctor to be medicated for anxiety is very likely to be put on something that destroys the libido, causes drastic weight gain, and increases the risk of diabetes. The drug war is all about money. The government doesn't give two f***s about what will or won't kill you.



Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,022
Location: in my own little tamarillo jungle,

26 Feb 2011, 10:15 pm

Xeno wrote:
Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.


Typing a long run-on sentence instead of using punctuation is annoying and is considered incorrect for a reason and that is because it's stupid and it's really annoying to read and it's obnoxious and fj;kldsagfdsaf;kla

But anyway... someone consulting a doctor to be medicated for anxiety is very likely to be put on something that destroys the libido, causes drastic weight gain, and increases the risk of diabetes. The drug war is all about money. The government doesn't give two f**** about what will or won't kill you.


yeah its a shame, in my eyes there is no objective difference between medicating one way or the other.
everything is toxic at the wrong amounts and i dare you to look up mortality rates of some prescription drugs and compare them, i dont know but i bet it would be interesting.
im gonna get back to you on that.

it is true that it can worsen some psychological phenomena, but that is all so subjective that no universal rule can be determined at this point in time.


_________________
//through chaos comes complexity//

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.


CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 1 Oct 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 157
Location: London

27 Feb 2011, 3:43 am

Cannabis is less toxic than potato.

A sensible definition of 'Non toxic' means you can eat a sustaining dose of it without getting sick (Note, not 'high'. That's psychoactivity not toxicity).

Sugar (sucrose) will prove to be deadly if you can eat 3kg quickly. It is not possible to consume this amount of the cannabis plant or it's active ingredients without first falling asleep and forgetting where the plant is.

Prescription drugs kill around a 100,000 people each year.

Compare this with Cannabis at 0 deaths per year.

Alcohol - 2.5 million deaths
Tobacco - 5.5 million deaths

Strawberries contain more natural Polonium than Tobacco! A smoker only gets 17% of his lifetime Polonium 210 intake from smoke, the rest is from food ;)