I haven't even close to being in a relationship yet.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:15 pm

Yeah, either work in a place where there is a steady turnover of available women or pick up a hobby or activity that gets you around women.

They will not fall out of the sky. You are a hunter. Go hunt.

DCxMagus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Feb 2011, 3:04 am

Todesking wrote:
Dnex wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys, one of my main problems though is I even really know any girls that I could even call "friends", much less have conversations with.

Get a part time job at a resteraunt or anyother place that has a lot of women working there. Three to four hours a day will put a little extra cash in your pocket and not to mention getting to meet women you might not have been able to meet before. My suggestion if you go with partime work at a resteraunt go after the women who are working their way thru college. :wink:

true being a server will help 2 fold, you'll be forced to work on social skills every time you work. This gives a great way to experiment with social interaction and gives you lots of immediate feedback. Also if you land a job where the serving staff doesn't all hate each other they are usually a pretty tight knit group. I know being a server the past 10+ years while in college has helped me immensely in my social abilities.

mangos

27 Feb 2011, 10:30 am

Another place I've seen a lot of women (and also a lot of relationships start) are at ballroom dancing clubs or ballroom dancing classes. It's a structured and non-threatening way to get to meet and be near the opposite gender. Plus, the instructors usually make you switch dance partners a lot during a class, so you're never stuck trying to have an awkward conversation with the same person for an hour.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2011, 7:53 pm

Todesking wrote:
When the co-workers ask you to go out with them go. Everytime I was asked out it was when we all went out together. :wink:

I wish I had heard advice like that some 3 years ago... I started working at a retail store in late 2008, but I was too tired by the end of the day to want anything else than go home and rest. The coworkers usually would want to go out on friday evenings, which I could never understand since we had to work on saturday morning (in fact there was one time when they went out and the next day they spent the day with a hangover and had to have the interns dealing with the customers), I kept asking them why not go out on saturday instead (since we only worked until 1:30pm, though the sales people had to stay until 8pm like the rest of the week).

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 8:23 pm

machf wrote:
Todesking wrote:
When the co-workers ask you to go out with them go. Everytime I was asked out it was when we all went out together. :wink:

I wish I had heard advice like that some 3 years ago... I started working at a retail store in late 2008, but I was too tired by the end of the day to want anything else than go home and rest. The coworkers usually would want to go out on friday evenings, which I could never understand since we had to work on saturday morning (in fact there was one time when they went out and the next day they spent the day with a hangover and had to have the interns dealing with the customers), I kept asking them why not go out on saturday instead (since we only worked until 1:30pm, though the sales people had to stay until 8pm like the rest of the week).

Every job I worked at I did not hang out after work with my co-workers and they hated my guts. I tried using I do not drive as an excuse but they would counter I drive past your street. when I used I don't drink they would counter we could go bowling. They would keep coming up with counter excuses for whatever I came up with so I guess they thought I was stuck up or hated them. When I worked at the resteraunt they talked me into going out with everyone when the boss promissed me he would not let them screw with me and I got asked out by a waitress or one of their friends that tagged along each time. I wish I went out with them more.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2011, 10:12 pm

Lucky you... nobody there lived even near my home (the closest was one guy who lived halfway towards my home), and they wanted to play volleyball, which I despise - I suggested bowling, instead, but no...

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:25 am

machf wrote:
Lucky you... nobody there lived even near my home (the closest was one guy who lived halfway towards my home), and they wanted to play volleyball, which I despise - I suggested bowling, instead, but no...

I live in a major sports town and I hate sports with a passion. I have had female co-workers ask me if I wanted to watch the Bills or the Sabers at their house I usually would respond I can't stand sports then walk away. By the time I got half way home I was like ahhhh man I blew it again. :lol: Thats what I hated about working at the machine shop there were no female employees. Now I am fat, old, and falling apart even if I do find another job with females I doubt I will get any attention from them.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:42 am

Todesking wrote:
machf wrote:

I live in a major sports town and I hate sports with a passion. I have had female co-workers ask me if I wanted to watch the Bills or the Sabers at their house I usually would respond I can't stand sports then walk away. By the time I got half way home I was like ahhhh man I blew it again. :lol: Thats what I hated about working at the machine shop there were no female employees. Now I am fat, old, and falling apart even if I do find another job with females I doubt I will get any attention from them.

Been there, done that.

Anyhow add me to the list of not even close to a relationship.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 5:59 pm

Kaybee wrote:
DCxMagus wrote:
"Hi my names ____________, my friend and I here were trying to figure out what your interest were"

I think this sounds really weird. :?

It does sound weird. I would think it was weird if someone asked me that, and I would feel like people were ganging up on me if two guys/people approached me.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

Dnex wrote:
I have no idea where to start either.

me too. Most days i dont speak to anyone but my parents. I have no reason to speak to anyone else.