Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Inertial_Mass
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2011, 1:08 pm

So...I've just finished my second longest relationship. It lasted three days. Then she texted me an hour before our first date and told me she just wanted to be friends (story of my life, by the way) and then promised she would kiss me at the end of the night (what the hell???)
Turns out she's unstable. Freaking great. :evil:

So then I text me best friend and we talk about it and she basically tells me that I should date her anyway, or that we should be friends with benefits, and that I'll never find a deep relationship in highschool so I should just settle for a shallow one.
At this point I'm pretty sure I'll be alone for the rest of my life.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:10 pm

you're in highschool then - that's a bit early to be saying you'll be alone for the rest of your life.
life begins after highschool.

Inertial_Mass
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2011, 1:13 pm

emlion wrote:
you're in highschool then - that's a bit early to be saying you'll be alone for the rest of your life.
life begins after highschool.

Considering I haven't been able to get a girl for more than three days...I'd say my outlook is pretty grim at this point.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:15 pm

wait until you're out of school with grown-ups instead of highschool girls and things can change.
3 days is more than some people.
you're waay too young to be condemning yourself to life alone.

Inertial_Mass
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2011, 1:18 pm

emlion wrote:
wait until you're out of school with grown-ups instead of highschool girls and things can change.
3 days is more than some people.
you're waay too young to be condemning yourself to life alone.

That's like two years from now...
Meanwhile I get to watch all my friends in happy relationships and once again remember how alone I am.

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

I have to agree with Emlion, it's way too early to be claiming Forever Alone. You're in high school. And, from what you said, you're at least a Junior. I didn't have my first real girlfriend until I was 18 and had been out of high school for two years(dropped out). It's not the end of the world to go through high school without a girlfriend.

The best advice I can give you, and also the one that sounds most counter-intuitive is to focus your efforts elsewhere. I never found a girlfriend when I was actively looking for one.

Edited three times just to get Emlion's name right.

Last edited by flamemasterelan on 26 Feb 2011, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

^ also true.

trying too hard to get a girlfriend is such a turn-off.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:41 pm

How about a girl one or two years older than yourself? That's the situation I wish I would have been more open to when I was in high school. Sure, as a person on the spectrum, I was more mature than many fellow students my own age, also more serious minded. Now, that closes some doors, but it opens others.

Paramedics class? (real thing offered by community college)

drama club, including community theater?

taking judo or other martial arts? tennis? jazz dancing?

That is, don't limit your world to just high school itself. Yes, sure, you want to get good grades because that is the coin of the realm for whatever you want to do in the future (and I recommend the pre-study method for both math and science). But also, as Mark Twain says, Don't let your 'schoolin' interfere with your education.

Good luck. :D And a really good relationship will drop into your lap, so to speak, at a time you don't really expect it.