Do you dress for functionality or looks?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Functionality, looks, comfort, or something else.
functionality 34%  34%  [ 11 ]
looks 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
comfort 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
combination/other (please explain) 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 32

PM
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 2:03 pm

Personally, I dress for functionality. Normally, I wear cargo pants or tac-pants (hard to find though) and oversized Hawaiian shirts in the summer and jackets with at least four pockets in the winter. also I wear wear hiking boots or shoes for extra traction when I walk. I also dress for comfort, that's why I wear oversized Hawaiian shirts. That's also why I will not wear shorts.

I just wanted to know if any of you do the same, or do you dress for looks and style. I had a friend that tried to turn me on to the preppy look. I really did not see the point of dressing like that.

Also, tac-pants are cargo pants with two to three more pockets than regular cargo pants. They are designed for cops and the military, but are popular with outdoors enthusiasts and people who just want more storage space (I carry alot of stuff).

rissadc
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2011, 2:12 pm

I dress for myself. But yeah, a combination of reasons as well, Comfort mainly.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 2:13 pm

comfort mostly, but if i know i'm going somewhere nice, i'll dress for fashion.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:46 pm

Functionality. My clothing should be appropiate for weather, temperature and other conditions, easy to use and comfortable. If it looks pretty, it's also good.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:49 pm

Comfort comes first. I do not dress for looks.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 3:59 pm

^^ Yaye greetings PM,

I thank you very much for your lovely post. I believe that I am very worried that I may upset my poor parents as perhaps they consider me to dress within a very scruffy manner. ^^ I believe I very much enjoy attempting to wear lovely comfy clothes friends. I believe that I am perhaps not very skilled at selecting formal clothes to wear.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 4:20 pm

A combination. If I like how it looks and it feels comfortable I'll wear it, I don't care too much how in fashion it is, as long as I like wearing it. I like to play about with my clothes and try out different looks and stuff, my fashion sense is a bit off so I think up some weird outfits sometimes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 4:28 pm

I dress according to looks and my main special interest. I've been dressing somewhat like The Kinks did in the 60s for roughly the past 18 months. This is my way of being myself. It shows that I refuse to let today's world tie me down. :)

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:08 pm

How I dress really depends on my mood and on the weather conditions. If it's cold outside, and I don't feel like dressing up, then I'll just slip on sweats. Otherwise, I'll opt for more nice-looking clothing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2011, 11:57 pm

I where the same stuff; a cheap T`shirt & cheap shorts because their comfortable. It tends to be hot & very humid in south Louisiana all summer & I usually stay inside a lot anyways. I'll dress more appropriate when it's required for something but that's about it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:01 am

I wear a navy blue tshirt blue jeans an white socks every day, i have seven pairs of everything and they all look the same. I am Monk

AwesomeUsername
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2011, 12:06 am

nick007 wrote:
I where the same stuff; a cheap T`shirt & cheap shorts because their comfortable. It tends to be hot & very humid in south Louisiana all summer & I usually stay inside a lot anyways. I'll dress more appropriate when it's required for something but that's about it.

Ooh, where in South Louisiana? We used to have a house down in Slidell before Katrina wiped her away!

Butterflies
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

Jogging suit bottoms and a t-shirt if I'm not really doing anything. If I'm going out, my friend likes to get me all dressed up nicely. I can't be bothered, but it makes her happy.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:34 am

Both.

If I have to choose between the two, functionality.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:39 am

Both.
As far as my preferences for looks, I mostly wear pretty neutral-colored, vertical-striped shirts (I own many vertical-striped polos for warmer weather, and numerous vertical-striped long-sleeved shirts for cooler weather.) I am not as sensitive as I was as a primary school student as far as materials for shirts go, but I still can't wear any type of fabric. Or even close to any, actually. I'm pretty restricted as far as both shirts and pants go: I wear jeans exclusively during the fall, winter, and spring, and only a specific kind of shorts during the summer.
My clothing is pretty restricted, I'd say. Shoe choices, also. I only wear moccasins (one pair until it cannot be worn any more and my mother insists on going shopping for another one; my siblings and parents have numerous pairs of shoes, though. So it's easy to do my part in keeping the front hallway clear.)
I'm never a fan of changing my appearance too much from day to day.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Feb 2011, 12:53 am

AwesomeUsername wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Ooh, where in South Louisiana? We used to have a house down in Slidell before Katrina wiped her away!

A very small town between Thobdaux & Houma called Schriever. Where are you guys now :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition