Should persons with Asperger's consume Cannabis?

Page 10 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Should persons with Asperger's consume Cannabis?
Yes. Make is legal for everyone. 66%  66%  [ 104 ]
Yes. If you obtain a prescription from a doctor. 13%  13%  [ 20 ]
No. It should be illegal for everyone. 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
No. But make it legal for people with terminal cancer and similar conditions. 13%  13%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 157

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Dec 2011, 10:19 am

cider123 wrote:
Todesking wrote:
Angel_ryan wrote:
It should be legalized that way it'll be safer, and not laced with other drugs.

Sometimes the mexican cartels add stuff to the marijuana to add weight to it. They ought to let people grow their own to cut the cartels and dealers prices. If everyone can grow it no one would really be buying from guy they don't know or have to go into the hood to score. Every plant that is grown at home is money out of some drug lord's pocket.

This is true, however as Angel_ryan stated he thinks that marijuana is laced with other drugs, this would make no sense at all. For one, other drugs cost more than cannabis. 2ndly there are way easier measurements to add weight, such as glass, sugar and other things that are way cheaper.

Just to clarify for someone else reading, it would be ret*d to lace it with more expensive drugs than the cannabis itself.

If a drug dealer added cocaine to his cannabis, he'd increase the chances of his "clients" becoming addicted, and he might even be able to move them on to pure cocaine. It wouldn't be the best way to add weight but it might be good for business.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 10:26 am

The_Walrus wrote:
cider123 wrote:
Todesking wrote:
Angel_ryan wrote:

Sometimes the mexican cartels add stuff to the marijuana to add weight to it. They ought to let people grow their own to cut the cartels and dealers prices. If everyone can grow it no one would really be buying from guy they don't know or have to go into the hood to score. Every plant that is grown at home is money out of some drug lord's pocket.

This is true, however as Angel_ryan stated he thinks that marijuana is laced with other drugs, this would make no sense at all. For one, other drugs cost more than cannabis. 2ndly there are way easier measurements to add weight, such as glass, sugar and other things that are way cheaper.

Just to clarify for someone else reading, it would be ret*d to lace it with more expensive drugs than the cannabis itself.

If a drug dealer added cocaine to his cannabis, he'd increase the chances of his "clients" becoming addicted, and he might even be able to move them on to pure cocaine. It wouldn't be the best way to add weight but it might be good for business.

Any drug dealer that does that is an as*hole.....for two reasons, 1st its not cool to drug people without their knowledge, and secondly for expecting the majority of cannabis users to fall for such a stunt. Kinda hard to sneak cocaine into cannabis without the user knowing, it might work on people new to smoking but after a while most cannabis users pretty much know what cannabis does to them and would certainly notice if there was cocaine in it.

NorwichAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2012, 11:26 am

I smoke it all the while, if it wasnt for cannabis i would have been dead years ago, it keeps me going in this intolerable world.

A lot of people ask me why i smoke it so much and i say perhaps if you have had to deal with the kind of s**t i have had to in life then you would probably be doing the same. Im actually in the process of rolling a good one at the moment. This type is called 'powerplant' and it is high-grade.

supernewf709
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2012, 11:34 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The question is, do we really need an excuse for more smoke in the air?

The economy will benefit from their legalistion, so that's something. Plus people who want this stuff will get it from legit, regulated sources.

I understand you probably don't mind the smoke, but what about those of us who have bad reactions to it? If that stuff gets legalized, the smell of the smoke will be everywhere and it really stinks. It makes me ill smelling it, so why should I have to be exposed to it all the time. I hardly ever smell it now because it's illegal and my state is really strict. I hope it stays that way.
Those of us who hate the smell of the smoke should have a say in this, not just the potheads.

imbecile.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2012, 12:04 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
cider123 wrote:
Todesking wrote:
Angel_ryan wrote:

It doesnt make financial sense for a drug dealer to add a much more expensive drug to cannabis, it just wouldnt happen.

I find that cannabis makes me horribly paranoid if I smoke too much or too regularly. Im not sure if this is to do with the drug itself or the fact that I know Im doing something illegal and worrying about the consequences if I were to be found out though. It also seems to make me really lazy and apathetic.

It also tend to make my aspie traits a bit more pronounced rather than helping them at all, stuff like eye contact and cognitive quickness, so I dont see how it could be considered a treatment for autism. I guess everyone reacts differently to it though.

I still smoke it occasionally though as it makes playing guitar/photography/anything creative just a lot more fun and engaging.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

supernewf709 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The question is, do we really need an excuse for more smoke in the air?

The economy will benefit from their legalistion, so that's something. Plus people who want this stuff will get it from legit, regulated sources.

I understand you probably don't mind the smoke, but what about those of us who have bad reactions to it? If that stuff gets legalized, the smell of the smoke will be everywhere and it really stinks. It makes me ill smelling it, so why should I have to be exposed to it all the time. I hardly ever smell it now because it's illegal and my state is really strict. I hope it stays that way.
Those of us who hate the smell of the smoke should have a say in this, not just the potheads.

imbecile.

Well crap they need to ban all the buses, cars, trucks ect in the town I live in because I don't want to be exposed to the scent of exhaust when I'm outside in a city :twisted:

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

If I can throw my hat into the ring, I have no problem with Marijuana. It's no more harmful than any other mind altering substance out there, such as alcohol or nicotine. In fact, it is much less harmful than any of these things, THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) does not cause a high like other drugs in which it alters brain chemistry, it is a neurotransmitter that provokes a relaxed sensation (hence why aspies absolutely should be permitted it for its anxiety countering properties).

But right now you're asking yourself "if it's so harmless why does the government not permit it, surely it has some negative aspects" if so, you are absolutely right, marijuana can cause paranoia, schizophrenia and, famously, the munchies. In excessive doses. I said earlier that it's a neurotransmitter, lets elaborate on that, THC is a chemical that binds with a receptor in your brain and causes the release of endorphins that give it its euphoric effect, if the glands that produce these endorphins are stimulated too much, they become "tired" and can no longer function as well (and if you can't be calm, you're anxious" but this is only if excessive amounts are consumed (along the same quantities as an alcoholic takes in alcohol actually) So, all marijuana requires is moderation to be safe? No.

Another reason the government does not permit marijuana is because it can be a "gateway drug" that leads those who use it to become introduced to more powerful and legitimately dangerous narcotics(heroin, cocaine etc.). Now, I'm not a politician, and I'm certainly not an anthropologist but, surely the best way to stop people from being led into dangerous drugs by drug dealers is to...stop people from getting drugs from drug dealers, how do we do that? Sell it in actual stores! Correct me if I'm wrong here but I see no problem in this system.

And, just as an added side note, marijuana is not only useful as a relaxant. I have a set of hemp clothing that is of brilliant quality, texture and durability.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2012, 10:35 pm

I believe marijuana should be legal, but I recommend no one actually consume it. I've found that the positive effects (heightened senses) outweigh the negative (paranoia, lethargy, hours of time passing with no distinct memory of what I just did).

I used to think marijuana would be a good 'introductory psychedelic' but I now realize its psychedelic effects are relatively weak and that they are easily overshadowed by marijuana's other primary effects.

I also know that if marijuana were as legal as alcohol, it would be far less popular, because ultimately, it's just not much fun.

starenczak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2013, 5:19 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
In my opinion, the only reason people have for smoking this crap is that it's a social counter-culture thing. They do it because it's illegal and because the people they percive as "cool" are doing it.

LOL! Listen to this guy, I thought his kind died out in the 40's.

I was told by my psychiatrist when I got my ASD assessment that if I keep on smoking cannabis, I will eventually throw myself off of a roof or something similar.

I have terribly divided views after smoking cannabis for 14 years but my issue I think is around control, I can't smoke it once and put it away - I have to continue using it until it is all gone.

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 5:27 pm

I used to, quite a lot, and it did me a lot of good, but then I started having bad reactions to it (paranoia, anxiety, panic attacks) so I stopped. No idea what caused this, although it did coincide with the British press scare stories about 'super skunk.'. Haven't tried it since.