What kind of people are you attracted to?

Page 1 of 12 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 7:21 am

For me, beyond the "she is hot!" initial reaction I am mostly attracted to "weird" people, such as other people who have had troubles "fitting in", which gives us a common frame of reference. I can also certainly say that this is far more important to me than physical appearance. For example, about two months ago I was at a summer camp and was hanging out with two girls a lot. One was beautiful, but "normal", the other plain, yet I found her very interesting and liked her a lot more.

There are also some women who I feel strongly attracted to on a chemical basis, even if they aren't particularly pretty or interesting.

I guess pleasing to the eyes, mind, and body are three very different things. Attraction to the mind is by far the most important, IMO.

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2006, 7:42 am

gsilver wrote:
For me, beyond the "she is hot!" initial reaction I am mostly attracted to "weird" people, such as other people who have had troubles "fitting in", which gives us a common frame of reference. I can also certainly say that this is far more important to me than physical appearance. For example, about two months ago I was at a summer camp and was hanging out with two girls a lot. One was beautiful, but "normal", the other plain, yet I found her very interesting and liked her a lot more.

There are also some women who I feel strongly attracted to on a chemical basis, even if they aren't particularly pretty or interesting.

I guess pleasing to the eyes, mind, and body are three very different things. Attraction to the mind is by far the most important, IMO.

this fits me as well and i lot of aspie guys i think, nice penny arcade avatar there :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 7:49 am

I don't want to list anything, because I migt be completley wrong.

If there's sparks i'm attracted to them, if there isn't i'm not.

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 7:53 am

Women that wear pants.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 8:13 am

Exactly the wrong kind, according to Yahoo! Personals! They label me an "Individualist" (which I think means "none of the above" or "some of the above") and say that I look for other Individualists and that's a bad idea. What the hell do they know!?
:jester: :heart: :jester: :heart: :jester: :heart: :jester:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 9:20 am

Men who wear Kilts.

crisco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2006, 10:45 am

Women with lots of tattoos and braided hairs who love aspies and are super-smart.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 11:47 am

I like cuteness more than beauty.

I like women with hearts as well.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 12:24 pm

i like women who are soft andf gentle, submissive types initially but turn out to be stronger than me..the kind that dont stand out or try to sell themselves with make upo and jewellry, pretty...yes that too...brainy..prferable...nice body?.......hopefully...but it is what i like inside them that keeps me there....

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 12:40 pm

I can't answer that at all, because the person to whom I'm currently attracted (and have been for the past 2 1/2 years) is not the kind of person I would expect to be attracted to. He's not really musical, he's no more intelligent than any of my friends, he's almost as lazy as I am and generally ... I actually don't know why I like him. He's not even particularly interesting. Well, he's sweet and he gives me major butterflies, and is wonderful towards his younger sister (she's 10 years younger.) But I can't say *why* I like him - therefore I believe it must be chemical. (He does smell nice to me ... but ti's not any fragrance; it's just how he smells. So actually yes, it must be chemical.)

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2006, 12:42 pm

Intelligence, writing style, ability to carry on an intelligent conversation (not smalltalk), ability to join me in a variety of interactions (playful, intellectual, sexual, companionable).

I met my first husband (also somewhere on the spectrum, I believe) over roleplaying and herbalism discussions. I met my (NT but weird) ex-partner at a science fiction convention over discussions of heinlein. And I met my current (NT engineer) husband on usenet - and had fallen in love with him before I ever met him or even seen a picture. We've known each other for 11 years now and been married for 2.

EaglesRNo1

15 Jul 2006, 8:05 pm

Smart, funny, and physically attractive. I know I'm pretty attracted to someone when seeing her smile makes me feel good.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 8:21 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
If there's sparks i'm attracted to them, if there isn't i'm not.

Same here.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 9:21 pm

Well, my three favorite personality types are compassion, depth, and strangeness. So compassionate girls (that's very different from "nice" ones) who are strange enough to be interesting and deep enough to have intelligent conversations with.

Also, geeky girls (though not dorky ones), gothy girls (sometimes), girls who strike me as sort of exotic or unusual in some way, etc.

But with any of these it's not every single one. In fact it's rare for me to like more than one or two girls at a time--I'm extremely picky.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 9:47 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Men who wear Kilts.

So Peter Mckenzie ;)

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 3:04 am

i used to have a child like aspie naievity and become fond with every femal ei met..this still holds true for most women i meet now today just experience tells me to watch and wait.
but it is the aspie naievity and gullibilty that is still there.