27 Feb 2011, 12:50 pm

Oh those wascilly wasists.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Faz2tUKQ4[/youtube]

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 1:13 pm

Sorry, I fail to see how a billboard telling the truth in this instance is racist. I can try to find the information to back up the billboard's statements but it is actually correct.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

27 Feb 2011, 2:16 pm

Apparently,
in the minds of the mostly white, overly religious anti-choice crowd,
the way to appeal to African Americans is to imply black women should be forced to continue pregnancies against their will.

Convoluted logic, as always.

Note the use of the cute little girl in pink,
and referring to the uterus as a "womb".

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:36 pm

Bethie wrote:
Apparently,
the way to appeal to African Americans is to imply black women should be forced to continue pregnancies against their will.

:roll:

Sorry if we think the murder of innocent children for the sake of conveinence is wrong. Most abortions are because 2 individuals decided to be irresponsible and don't want to deal with the consequences. That is directed to both the guy and the girl.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

27 Feb 2011, 2:39 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Apparently,

Sorry if we think the murder of innocent children for the sake of conveinence is wrong. Most abortions are because 2 individuals decided to be irresponsible and don't want to deal with the consequences. That is directed to both the guy and the girl.

What do ya know? More emotional rhetoric! :lol:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:43 pm

Bethie wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Apparently,

Sorry if you consider facts to just be emotional rhetoric.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:48 pm

And many of the same people that are against health care for all, planned parenthood in schools (abstinence only), and if you can't make it in life; tough, you die. Addressing all these issues might lead to fewer abortions among blacks.

If the goal is to reduce abortions in blacks, a stigmatizing billboard is useless and possibly even counterproductive. There more effective ways for pro-lifers to meet their goal of fewer abortions among blacks.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:51 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Apparently,

Sorry if you consider facts to just be emotional rhetoric.

Don't be silly, you've put forth no facts-
Murder is unlawful killing of one person by another with malice aforethought,
one's "innocence" doesn't negate another's autonomy,
and implying women procure abortions for cavalier reasons is a blatant ad hominem,
not to mention inaccurate.

If you're going to make a rational argument,
you must first dismantle autonomical rights.

We'll wait.

Last edited by Bethie on 27 Feb 2011, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:51 pm

Sorry, Duplicate post.

Last edited by aghogday on 27 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:56 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

Abortion is neither murder, nor has it anything to do with children - you may want to check your facts before making such comments.

If such individuals were irresponsible then it's better they don't become parents, it's a lot more dangerous being born into a life of suffering, neglect, poverty and abuse, to parents who never wanted you - they were irresponsible by getting pregnant (assuming it was their fault) but they are being responsible by having an abortion, that is them dealing with the consequences.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 3:16 pm

Fertility rates are still close to the same for blacks and whites, after the abortion factor is considered. For those that see abortion as a planned genocide attempt against blacks; there is no statistical evidence to back that up. Statistics show more unwanted pregnancies in the African American Community. A solution is better education on birth control methods, understanding of cultural differences, and better accessibility to reliable methods of birthcontrol.

Considering the reality of life for many people that are not born into advantageous circumstances, the billboard could be seen as rather cruel and inhumane for those that do the best they can to deal with their unfortunate circumstances.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:36 pm

LOL @ the 'abortion equals murder' hysteria.

Even if for the sake of argument you agree that a fetus is a person, which I won't because it's factually rubbish, not even a full grown person has the right to use someone's body. Deal with it.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:41 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
LOL @ the 'abortion equals murder' hysteria.

Even if for the sake of argument you agree that a fetus is a person, which I won't because it's factually rubbish, not even a full grown person has the right to use someone's body. Deal with it.

Aye, there's the rub.

It's a blatant red herring.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:02 pm

Abortion debate aside, how is the billboard helping???

If pro-life activists really want to help reduce abortions, they should promote an array of support programs for the moms and babies. Unfortunately, more often than not, the same folks who vote pro-life are the same folks who want rip away any safety net that might be in place such as WIC, healthcare, headstart, etc. Save the fetus, screw the child.

And I still don't see what race has to do with any of this.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:57 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
If such individuals were irresponsible then it's better they don't become parents, it's a lot more dangerous being born into a life of suffering, neglect, poverty and abuse, to parents who never wanted you - they were irresponsible by getting pregnant (assuming it was their fault) but they are being responsible by having an abortion, that is them dealing with the consequences.

I would rather have a life of suffering, neglect, poverty, and abuse and parents who never wanted me than no life at all. I find it alarming that someone can point at another human being and say "that person's life is not worth living", especially an aspie, given that their are people who believe our lives are not worth living. The only person who has any business determining wether or not a life is worth living is the person who's life it is. Not the mother. Not the father. Not friends, family, or government. the person themselves. period.

Ye can say that abortion doesn't involving the killing of children, but that is your opinion, not fact. Your opinion at what constitutes a child. If ye want some facts, here are some: Life, as defined by the science of biology begins at conception. At conception, the embryo as human DNA. That scientifically speaking, makes it a human. The embryo has not at this point violated any legal, religious, or philosophical rules or laws and is thus, innocent. (with the exception of some interpretations of original sin but then original sin isn't in the bible and most pro-choice people I've met have been atheists so I'm not sure anyone here will even care) To argue abortion means that you are fine with an innocent human being killed. If you are fine with that, fine. But I'm not, and neither are a lot of people

That said, I think that targeting an ethnicity is a bad way to approach the problem.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 6:05 pm

Tensu wrote:
At conception, the embryo as human DNA. That scientifically speaking, makes it a human.

according to this logic, every sperm cell is a human. should we persecute men who masturbate then? according to you, they are committing genocide on a massive scale.