I only bite inanimate things 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
I crave human flesh 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
I'm not on the spectrum, N/A 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 40

n3rdgir1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Feb 2011, 2:04 pm

There seem to be a number of posts on biting inanimate objects when stressed or overstimulated, but I haven't seen any about biting other people. When I get the urge to, I know I need some "me" time. Does anyone else have this issue, or am I alone on this one?

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2011, 2:24 pm

I don't eat people, but I chew off the skin at the corners of my fingernails. I was kind of disappointed because I thought this thread was about actual cannibalism. I've been on a huge European cannibal movie kick lately. In the past two weeks I've watched the following films: Amazonia, The Catherine Miles Story, Cannibal Apocalypse, Cannibal Ferox, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Man, Eaten Alive, Jungle Holocaust (aka: Last Cannibal World), Massacre in Dinosaur Valley, and Mountain of the Cannibal God.

TheCicada
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2011, 2:31 pm

I didn't vote, because there was no option for "I bite people". I don't crave human flesh, but I do absolutely love to chew on people! I playfully bite, and like to hold their hands in my mouth, and if I see someone getting out of line, I want to nip them...I don't usually bite when angry, unless very very upset...and I normally control that urge for obvious reasons :P

-Mallory

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:47 pm

I bite a lot - I keep it to my boyfriend only, I do get the urge to bite other people but I know to control that. It's an oral fixation for me, less about stress or being overstimulated and more a general compulsion or comforter.

My biting is normally playful but at the same time tend to be very hard bites - I bite fingers and arms particularly. Many of my ex boyfriends have had white spots all over their nails from my biting the end of their fingers, I've since learned it's best to bite arms as you can get a really good bite with minimal pain to them, so you can bite harder and for longer than the end of the fingers.

Although my boyfriend at the moment has a very big infected bite on his shoulder from an argument we had a few weeks ago, I was drunk and very mad so don't even remember it, but it seems it's an instinct when I'm angry too. :?

I was expecting a cannibalism post too, lol - for the record I'd have no problem being a cannibal if I had to be :skull:

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 2:58 pm

Helliconia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helliconia

I remember this unbearable urge to bite another child when I was about 4, and I did. Then I was really, really sick for days and think that the unbearable urge to bite was caused by whatever that illness was. The recollection of that urge to bite someone is so intense.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 3:01 pm

I picked the "i crave human flesh " option because it cracked me up , It's not far from the truth though , it is humans i feel like biting, but i don't think i'd be able to "swallow them" were they to lose a piece of themselves :P
It used to be more pronounced, during teenage years i could see myself jumping and biting someone's throat if i was angry enough, I would picture it, then get scared and make myself cry , to avoid doing it. Now i just cry BEFORE i start feeling this was, it's a reflex, so, i'm not a psycho, good news!

Julian94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2011, 8:44 pm

I only bite of I'm fighting with someone.

tophie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Feb 2011, 8:51 pm

I have dermatophagia, but I can't recall ever in my entire life biting another person. Probably because I don't like touching people, and having their skin in my mouth would be even grosser to me.

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2011, 8:58 pm

When I'm really stressed out I'll gnaw on myself quite brutally. My weapon of choice is my teeth, and I always bite my boyfriends. I have an oral fixation for sure.

chris09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2011, 9:01 pm

I don't know if if its AS related but now that I think about I always would bite my girlfriend's lip.. it made her mad :)

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2011, 9:53 pm

I bite a lot. I bite "playmates" (what subsitute in my world for relationships) I bite family members, I bite friends (well, I did when I still bothered having them). I always thought that was because I'm like a little animal sometimes.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 9:59 pm

I bite my nails and chew off dry skin. Does this make me a cannibal? I have absolutely no desire to bite another person, btw. To me, that's not a pleasant activity. Just imagining what their skin tastes like puts me off.

sandrana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2011, 10:41 pm

tophie wrote:
I have dermatophagia, but I can't recall ever in my entire life biting another person. Probably because I don't like touching people, and having their skin in my mouth would be even grosser to me.

Wow, I learn something new every day here on WP! I'd never heard of dermatophagia, and after looking it up on wikipedia I realized that I have dermatillomania. I pick at myself (mostly my fingernails and cuticles, but also my face) and I do chew the inside of my mouth (my lips and inside of my cheeks).

I've seen a few shows lately about neuroplasticity and am wondering if anyody has managed to cure themself of this sort of behavior (and how)?

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2011, 11:00 pm

I was never one to chew on people, but I did gnaw as a kid. Anything rubbery was fair game along with pens, pencils, and Lego bricks. These days, I stick to sugar-free gum to avoid looking like a freak. I do bite my nails. I have tried to stop but never managed.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:29 am

Whilst i do bite things, i have to say ive always wanted to try human. Especially myself. Something curious about knowing what I taste like compared to the other basic meats.