Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:40 am

I looked at the symptoms of mercury posioning and I don't have any.

"Affected children may show red cheeks, nose and lips, loss of hair, teeth, and nails, transient rashes, hypotonia (muscle weakness), and increased sensitivity to light. Other symptoms may include kidney disfunction (e.g. Fanconi syndrome) or neuropsychiatric symptoms such as emotional lability, memory impairment, or insomnia."

I have emotional lability a little bit, but it didn't start until I was 15. So, I am not mercury poisoned?

I DON'T THINK MERCURY-POISONING CAUSES AUTISM, I JUST HAVE AN IRRATIONAL FEAR AROUND IT!

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Feb 2011, 2:19 am

Why would you have mercury poisoning symptoms?

Qatsi64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2011, 6:11 am

Maybe she thought that there was substantial amounts of harmful mercury in her vaccinations, instead of it being in the Kool-Aid served at anti-vax events.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 10:52 am

Qatsi64 wrote:
Maybe she thought that there was substantial amounts of harmful mercury in her vaccinations, instead of it being in the Kool-Aid served at anti-vax events.

Huh?

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Qatsi64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2011, 2:36 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Qatsi64 wrote:

Huh?

Trying to explain what I meant would likely not improve the situation. I'm surprised that more conversations here don't end up with "Huh?" being the end result, as we (Aspies) can be quite obtuse and completely miss what each other is trying to say.

If you are genuinely worried about mercury poisoning, I believe some forms of fish (tuna being commonly mentioned) is the most common source for most folks in the west. I've also cut back on my thermometer slurpees... (please don't say "Huh?" again :)