Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2011, 8:29 pm

What do you think of the show and or movie? What is your oppinion on it? I would like to know becasue I have seen the show and I liked it but I heard that the movie was awfull and I plan on not seeing it. What is your favorite episode or scene or quote?

Also do you know any good Avatar the last airbender fanfiction because I have been looking for some but there are none that are any good or I find interesting. But I would like to know from your perspective.

Idiotchief
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2011, 10:56 pm

Second best anime ever. DB FTW! The movie was an abombination. Shamalon!! !! !! !! The legend of Korra shouldbe released this fall though..

XFridgeYyeahZRosie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Mar 2011, 1:21 am

Love that show! Sokka FTW!! ! :D I thought it was endeding nicely. I know lots of tv shows fail to put out a good ending, but i think avatar pulled it off pretty well. I do wish they would have gone more into depth about zukos mother though :/ what was that all about with him asking his father about it, if they weren't even gunna go into at all?
I also heard the movie was just terrible. I saw a few clips of it on YouTube, and the acting was hourendous, and they never pronounced any of the names right. And the earth bending looked like really bad dancing....

I wish you an absofreakinlutely spectacular day!! :D (and every other day for that matter :]

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2011, 8:13 pm

I liked the series but I don't plan on waching the movie. I can write that movie better even if the characters misspronounced all my miss spellings and errors.

ThesaurusRex
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2011, 4:12 am

The show is very entertaining. I wasn't fond of the movie.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 4:18 am

I love the show. 8) I've watched the series from beginning to end twice now, but still have et to watch the finale. :oops: :lol:

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:40 pm

I love this show. I so wanted to see the movie but when the reviews came out my mind was put off. To this day I still haven't seen the movie.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 5:01 pm

I have never watched the cartoon. I saw the live-action film, and it was... interesting. :?

anikatheoddone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 11:09 pm

i used to watch that show A LOT when i was little. i dont watch it anymore cuz my dad wont pay for cable or satellite cuz hes all money obsessed.
one of my best friends was completely OBSESSED with Zuko. you would think a girl who's ASEXUAL wont fall for a boy, but apparently she CAN if hes imaginary

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 11:55 pm

cartoon = great
movie = trash

:::)

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:14 am

The movie was garbage because of the crappy acting and because they put two tv seasons (or three?) into one movie, picking random scenes to put into live action.

If they had made it into a trilogy (like lord of the rings) and had better actors it would have been epic.

however!

I will give kudos to the movie because it did portray the bending abilities and most of the combat scenes almost identically to that of the cartoon series.

With that said, watch the cartoon series first then watch the movie.

Broggly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2011, 6:17 am

It was just the first season in the movie though. The problem is even that was too much and lots was cut out. Like they took out the conflict of the Northern Water Tribe elder not wanting to teach Katara and Princess Yue not being allowed to be with Sokka. Plus, it would have been nice if Zhao was bombastic and a little hammy like in the cartoon. Aasif Mandvi is a comedian, I thought he'd be good at making Zhao just a little bit over the top and ridiculous.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 1:21 am

The cartoon was one of the best animated shows ever. It had a great story, great acting, drama and comedy, action, everything. My entire family enjoys the collection we have of the dvds, and we range in ages from 4 to 40. I think my favorite character is Iroh.

Now that movie, on the other hand, I have seen but once. I was guardedly optimistic when I heard of it, enjoyed the little clips and photos of bending and various characters, but what a let down. The kid who played Aang looked okay but not quite right... still, as I said, he looked okay and would have fit well enough. It works best if the kid can actual do some martial arts, after all, and he appeared to be capable. Sokka and Kitara looked well enough matched to their animated counterparts, though I missed her hair loopies. Sokka, being mostly comic relief, acted well enough. Kitara couldn't decide, along with half the cast, how to pronounce many of the story-unique terms involved. Particularly sloppy was the tendency to say the same words different ways while speaking to each other. This couldn't even be dismissed as regional speech, it was so rampant. Zuko would have been fine, but where was the massive scarring and nearly bald head? This was the Zuko of later seasons at best. And did he chew the scenery? Why yes, it must have cost them a fortune to replace. Pleasant sub-plots were lost, understandably, but so were essential plot points. They were not replaced with sufficient explanation to compensate for the omission. A few words were mumbled and oh, there's the fire nation again! Let's throw air and water earth at them! It looks real! Only it didn't... it looked weak, frequently. Sometimes good, usually weak. And did Aang ever twirl lil air balls in his palm, even to pass the time in an unobtrusive manner while traveling?

This did not strike me as a film made by a guy who loved a story he watched with his children, as I heard it was. It was made by a man who was lazy, cheap, or incompetent, take your pick. I understand the whole story couldn't fit into a movie, and it's no excuse. I can't imagine a full season containing more information than a full-length novel, and one of those can be pared successfully... The guy was even working from one visual medium to another and still couldn't craft a cohesive plot. What worries me is that I heard he meant to make the whole thing into films.

I watched it once with my children, who even found problems with it, and with a copy of the Rifftrax playing alongside.

Note: I'm a little disappointed in myself... I typed longer about the bad Avatar than the good one. But the good one speaks for itself. The bad one must be exposed to the world! :wink:

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

bik5isaac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm

First of all this is my favorite show. I like this show very much. Great adventures and enjoyable episodes I can see in this show. I watch this show on otavo.tv.

Jeffrey228
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2011, 12:26 am

I know this topic may seem like a month old,

Lets say I know more about this series than some who would understand the concepts of it, also I guess it aways seem to be in the lines of being "Anime Like" type theme since that is how the animation is and such, but I aways wonder why not many people with Autism and Aspergers seem much interested in this show baffles me.

jerrylewis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2011, 5:56 am

I heard the movie sucked really bad, that the actors were terrible and the only thing going for the whole movie is the special effects.