Darn it - women flirt with me and don't even see it!

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2011, 10:07 pm

Wow, I thought I was the only one.
Just yesterday, this girl was flirting with me in spanish class, but I didn't realize it until after class when a friend pointed it out to me.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 1:47 am

I have had a woman flirt with me and I thought she was being mean to me so I started being mean back so she left. As soon as she was gone my friends came over to me saying what the f**k was that? I am known by friends as being super oblivious to the advances of women. I once went to a bar with my friends when I was in my 20's a women was flirting with me and I did not even know she was talking to me so I when I left the bar her friends started messing with me asking me if I was gay and who do you think you are sort of thing. :roll: I wonder if I hurt anyone's feelings. Now that I am fat and jobless I do not have women flirting with me so I guess I solved that problem. :lol:

Even if I knew I was being flirted with I probably would not act on it. I do not like to be touched or looked at. I even feel uncomfortable talking on the phone.

Last edited by Todesking on 04 Mar 2011, 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 1:52 am

TheWeirdPig wrote:
emlion wrote:
men aren't usually that subtle with flirting.
it's more 'my face is up here' :roll:
>.<

I've been told this by women. But really, I'm not staring at your chest; I'm avoiding eye contact. I suppose that's just one more Aspie trait that I didn't think of before.

I was accused of this so much when I was younger that my teachers did everything they could to get me to stare at people's noses especially women.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 6:53 am

I used to be like this but finally figured things out a bit. As a teen that kind of attention was just too much for me and I would barely speak. In my early 20s I could reciprocate but still not identify flirting correctly in all cases. As with many AS traits I think this is normal for many people, it's simply more extreme and longer lasting in our cases.

My problem was figuring out the differences between friendly and flirting. Ive made more than a few unwelcome passes in my life. But then, that's not unusual for men either. All of it got better with age and experience but there is still a blindness at work on some level.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 9:06 am

TheWeirdPig wrote:
Do you think there is something like the flirt and ditch? She flirts to get your attention and then denies it when you give her more attention than she wants?

Ya mean "cocktease".

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2011, 1:11 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
TheWeirdPig wrote:
Do you think there is something like the flirt and ditch? She flirts to get your attention and then denies it when you give her more attention than she wants?

Ya mean "cocktease".

I was trying not to use that word :twisted: