First friendly meeting outside of school since 5th grade....

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

How dare you mock me, doughnut! Give me some cheese!
You must be white! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
You must be white! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I hate cheese! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
I hate cheese! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Cheddar, Jack, or Gorgon Zola? 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Cheddar, Jack, or Gorgon Zola? 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
The doughnut is always right!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The doughnut is always right!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Moo. 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Moo. 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Is this poll a poor reference to the Happy Noodle Boy in Johnny the Homocidal Maniac? 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Is this poll a poor reference to the Happy Noodle Boy in Johnny the Homocidal Maniac? 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Oh, how wonderful for you, Jonny! That's really great to hea--oh wait that's not the poll question.... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Oh, how wonderful for you, Jonny! That's really great to hea--oh wait that's not the poll question.... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That isn't even a question at all! This poll sucks!! !! !! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
That isn't even a question at all! This poll sucks!! !! !! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 9:15 pm

I haven't really had friends since fifth grade, and certainly no friendly meetings outside of school. I mean, sure, I had instant messaging buddies (most of whom I didn't know in real life), but that and maybe MySpace was the extent of any "friendship."

So, that's why I was really glad that a few weeks ago I got invited to see "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" with some people. It happened earlier this week. And I really didn't expect it to, because I'd, like, tried scheduling movies to see with people a bunch of times in the past but they never...actually...happened for some reason, so I was really skeptical. But...it actually happened this time. And I had fun. Hell, I had more fun before and after the film than I did during the film. So...I'm really happy about all this. I hope I'll be able to go to another one of these mysterious "friendly meeting thingies" again in the near future, but I doubt too many more will happen with these particular people because after summer's over they're off to different parts of the country for college. Yeah, see, THIS is why I started trying to do this stuff a few years ago... >.<

ANY-way, I'd just like to announce that and say that I'm really happy about it, 'cus it's a definite breakthrough for me. Yay.

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jul 2006, 7:46 pm

Congratulations! I kind of went in reverse, was a loner, then hung out with people lots, now a loner again. I'm glad for you though.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 11:36 am

Woo, good for you!

My meeting-up-outside-of-school is mostly for music, though occasionally I do meet up with friends anyway. Though I'd like to point out I only know my friends through music - if I weren't musical I'd have one friend. Who was a sort of friend by default as we grew up together ... :lol: