How Long Does It Take You to Fall Asleep?

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 10:17 pm

I don't remember if I answered this post or not.

I refuse to take sleeping pills because I have kids and feel that I need to be easily awakened if they need me for anything or if my house is being compromised for any reason during the night. Right now, my husband is recovering from surgery and has limited mobility so I barely sleep because I need to keep an eye on him while he's sleeping to make sure he doesn't move inappropriately in his sleep and injure himself.

I have discovered that I can fall asleep (won't stay asleep, though) to the sound of running water. So I put my iPod on speakers by the bed and play an ocean thing I have. Very nice. My husband likes it, too. Without that, I will be awake until my body passes out.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 11:03 pm

wefunction wrote:
I have discovered that I can fall asleep (won't stay asleep, though) to the sound of running water. So I put my iPod on speakers by the bed and play an ocean thing I have. Very nice. My husband likes it, too. Without that, I will be awake until my body passes out.

I used to have to always fall asleep to music. I had my clock radio set so that it would turn off after an hour. I broke that habit after getting married.

tophie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2011, 1:00 am

It takes about half an hour or so, I think. It depends, though.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 1:24 am

It can take me anywhere between half an hour to 3 hours. Usually, it's about an hour.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:52 am

Kiseki wrote:
I am amazed when people tell me they can fall asleep within minutes of going to bed. REALLY? On good nights it takes me an hour. Generally it is around 2. On very bad nights I can lay there for 3 hours before falliing asleep. I am tired too, or at least my body is.

How about the rest of you guys?

I'm pretty much the same. If I'm lucky it only takes about an hour. Most of the time it takes between 1-2 hours. On bad nights it takes 3-4 hours.

I've never understood how people can fall asleep in a matter of minutes or seconds. :? I wish they could teach me how.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 11:47 am

It takes me around 15-30 minutes usually to get to sleep, though sometimes up to an hour, rarely more. I find it fairly hard to get to sleep before 1am, however.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

Way too long.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:24 pm

I go to sleep within a few minutes of going to bed, usually. My problem isn't getting to sleep, but rather, staying asleep. Once I wake up in the middle of the night, THEN I have insomnia. I also used to struggle with nighttime hunger. Not fun at all.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:27 pm

I go to sleep quickly, too, since I started jogging during the day. Once I lay down, I can't stay awake for long. I am usually exhausted and asleep shortly after ll:oo pm.

AshRoswell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

I've always had sleep issues. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep even when I am exhausted. I feel better if I'm awake for around 30 hours or more then sleep for 6 or 7. I can't stand it.