Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 1:52 pm

I guess its because I learned to face reality that I don't have close friends and social interaction isn't really that enjoyable anyway. I now occasionally have a chat with my housemate, and phone my parents everyday. Thats about it.

I had enough of the stress of trying to "have company" and when I do have company, it isn't always as good as I imagined anyway. Well, I'll now have to see whether its best for me just to isolate myself now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 5:24 am

when you get to be my age, when you hermit yourself, the days turn into weeks which turn into months which turn into years and pretty soon you've been alone so long that you can't imagine any other way of being. just a thought.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 5:39 am

Good for you! I still miss the days when I was living alone. I was so happy. It's just a bit hard to get somebody else to pay for your bills when you live alone. :D I never had a job with good pay so I was very poor when I lived alone, but if you're managing it by yourself just fine, being alone is great!

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

y-pod wrote:
Good for you! I still miss the days when I was living alone. I was so happy. It's just a bit hard to get somebody else to pay for your bills when you live alone. :D I never had a job with good pay so I was very poor when I lived alone, but if you're managing it by yourself just fine, being alone is great!

Actually, I'm in university right now.