Page 46 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 53  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 2:22 pm

^^ Exactly. Women want to have babies with heroes, but they want support for them too. Once we had blood typing, it became clear that in almost any culture, 10% of the men were being cuckolded. This is a constant source of drama, of course, and has probably driven the development of bigger brains. 10% is the "magic number" in between Bonobos and Chimps. It is low enough to keep fathers involved, but high enough to keep the gene pool from stagnating.
Now, Maury Povich has a TV show using genetic markers to back up proof of fatherhood, and women have such a sense of being entitled to designate a father that they will risk even that.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:30 am

Even though I support gender equality personally I don't see anything wrong with certain kinds of gender roles. Biologically it makes sense for the women to nurture their young because their bodies produce breast milk for feeding their infants, and men are physically stronger than women so it makes sense for them to be the ones to protect their families and work for them.

But there always comes a time when the woman has to protect her child because there is no man around or the man has to find a way to nurture his baby because there isn't a woman around and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. We humans have the ability to think outside of our instinct and that is what has kept us alive for so long.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:44 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Even though I support gender equality personally I don't see anything wrong with certain kinds of gender roles. Biologically it makes sense for the women to nurture their young because their bodies produce breast milk for feeding their infants, and men are physically stronger than women so it makes sense for them to be the ones to protect their families and work for them.

But there always comes a time when the woman has to protect her child because there is no man around or the man has to find a way to nurture his baby because there isn't a woman around and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. We humans have the ability to think outside of our instinct and that is what has kept us alive for so long.

With Ma Nature getting even basic sexual attraction reversed 10% of the time, it should not be surprising to find a few people doing well in the "other gender's role," and most people able to fill in when the need is great. Rosie made a fine riveter, but it isn't a preferred women's job now. However, on average, women prefer childcare and men like getting out.
Gender relations are the root of the notion of "separate but equal" which got such a terrible reputation when applied to racial justice. Men and women are not just different in size, strength, and shape; women have a thicker connection between brain halves, and a lot more hormones to deal with. We can't be equal, and make a weaker team if we try to become interchangeable.
The Industrial Revolution threw almost everyone out of their traditional roles, and as usual, no job was totally unisex, but there is no reason to try to make them all 50 - 50, as long as each side gets a fair share of the ones they like and the ones nobody wants.
We have always worked in near-unisex groups for many reasons. It reduces distractions and complications in decision making. It gives each gender a safe space to discuss the other. It even reduces the variation in sizes needed for workstations and tools.
Exceptional talents can usually find a way. Marie Curie won two Nobels, but her presence also caused a family tragedy for another researcher. I worked for a while as a masseur, because I'm exceptionally talented, but I was also careful to do more than my share of sorting linen and re-loading the water cooler.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:50 am

University of Toronto (Finally) Confirms Venue for Dr. Warren Farrell's "The Boy Crisis"

To this day, the University of Toronto still requires our affiliated Men's Issues campus group, UTMIA, to go through a special approval process in order to book venues! That's why we were unable to confirm a location... until now.

The UTMIA has thrived, despite intense opposition from radical activists on campus and threats of exorbitant security fees from administrators.

Buy your ticket now. Show your support for Canada's longest running student group for boys and men.

THE BOY CRISIS IN CANADA

Dr. Warren Farrell, the father of the men's movement, will address why our boys are struggling and what we can do about it.

Date: Friday, November 16th, 2018
Time: 7:00 PM Eastern Time

Location: J.J. R. MacLeod Auditorium, Medical Sciences Building
1 Kings College Circle, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A8
University of Toronto

On November 16, 2012, Dr. Warren Farrell's presentation at the University of Toronto catapulted the cause of men and boys into the national headlines.

6 years later to the day, Dr. Warren Farrell returns to where it all began.

Hosted by the Men's Issues Awareness Society at the University of Toronto.
Sponsored by the Canadian Association for Equality.

You will also have an opportunity to purchase a copy of The Boy Crisis and have it signed during a one-on-one meeting with Dr. Farrell.

Ticket prices will rise closer to the event so don't delay. We are also offering discounts for current members and FREE tickets if you join or renew your membership when you register. Proceeds from this event will directly support the first of their kind mental health, father-child and abuse support programs at the Canadian Centre for Men and Families.

About Warren Farrell

Dr. Warren Farrell has been chosen by the Financial Times as one of the world's top 100 thought leaders, and by the Center for World Spirituality (in 2011) as one of the world's spiritual leaders. His books are published in over 50 countries, and in 15 languages. They include two award-winning international best-sellers, Why Men Are The Way They Are and The Myth of Male Power. Dr. Farrell is currently the Chair of the Commission to Create a White House Council on Boys to Men. Warren has taught at the university level in five disciplines, and appeared on more than 1,000 TV and radio shows, from Oprah to Larry King Live. He has been featured repeatedly in Forbes, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal. https://warrenfarrell.com

We want to thank the Men and Masculinity Summit for their support of this event.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our videos on YouTube Find us on Google+ Support men and families

Blue
Was this email forwarded to you from a friend? Sign up for future updates

A special thank you to CAFE's sponsors

CRABTREE FOUNDATION

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 1:44 am

Hi.

lylamorris
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2019, 2:18 am

I think growing a beard is a very essential part of enjoying masculinity and of course, lifting weights, and activities like maintaining the vehicle are quite manly in themselves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:21 am

wish i could have grown a real beard instead of the scraggly oriental thing i had for a while.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 2:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
wish i could have grown a real beard instead of the scraggly oriental thing i had for a while.

Don't feel bad, my Hawaiian genes means I can't grow a real beard either. :bigsmurf:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 11:41 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Don't feel bad, my Hawaiian genes means I can't grow a real beard either. :bigsmurf:

us beard-challenged types oughta stick together :bounce: :bounce:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 4:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

us beard-challenged types oughta stick together :bounce: :bounce:

Like birds of a feather! :mrgreen:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 6:08 pm

I have a beard because I hate being shaved (I can't do it on my own without nicking myself to death). But I would rather be someone without whiskers, because I don't like having it trimmed either. Especially around my mouth.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 7:24 pm

EzraS wrote:
I have a beard because I hate being shaved (I can't do it on my own without nicking myself to death). But I would rather be someone without whiskers, because I don't like having it trimmed either. Especially around my mouth.

Have you tried electric shavers , they are safe to use , I just use a beard trimmer , it's not a clean shave ( gives you a 5 o'clock shadow ) and you have to do it regularly.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 7:29 pm

I think every man or woman should grow their beard out at least once just to see what it looks like.

This is about the longest I grew it out but the sensory issues drove me nuts and it only takes one bad day and it's gone :lol:

I now have a salt & pepper beard if I grow it and I think it doesn't suit me.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 7:33 pm

I tried growing a little whispy goatee but it broke my face out really bad so I had to get rid of it. :(

I look more youthful with a clean shaven face! :)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 7:34 pm

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 7:36 pm

My hair (on my head) now reaches my nipples.

:P