Page 48 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 53  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 9:21 pm

Dear_one wrote:
TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:

I think we all have a bit of the warrior inside us. :wink:

Yeah, the technical term is the Amygdala. Self-knowledge is a LOT easier with a bit of anatomy.

You're very intelligent. :)

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 9:21 pm

^^^i concur with your opinion.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 10:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
my amygdala is very :ninja:

Yes, mine is also pre-verbal, but it can make the rest swear a lot.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2019, 5:15 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
Its my birthday today. Im 29. Can I have my mid-life crisis yet? :bigsmurf:

No, but you're running late for the quarter-life crisis.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 11:07 pm

Do you think men aspies and women aspies have different issues from each other?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 11:14 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I think that men and women have different issues anyway. AS not only manifests differently in men and women, their basic differences and position in society give rise to different coping mechanisms.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 10:53 am

Dear_one wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I think that men and women have different issues anyway. AS not only manifests differently in men and women, their basic differences and position in society give rise to different coping mechanisms.

This is likely partially true, but if you were to Venn diagram the issues you'd see heavy overlap. The impact and severity of issues will likely be weighted differently though. We're different, but we're still the same species suffering the same ailment.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 6:57 pm

Does anybody believe that both having any neurological challenges and being in the male gender role make it a moderate or large obstacle to the opposite sex? Even though I believe neuro-atypicals aren't limited and could do anything a "normal" person can do, there are still a significant group of ND guys who struggle a lot with that. Even many NT guys say they struggle too. For men it's still the norm to be independent and living on your own once you get into your 20s and many NDs still struggle with that.

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2019, 7:23 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Does anybody believe that both having any neurological challenges and being in the male gender role make it a moderate or large obstacle to the opposite sex? Even though I believe neuro-atypicals aren't limited and could do anything a "normal" person can do, there are still a significant group of ND guys who struggle a lot with that. Even many NT guys say they struggle too. For men it's still the norm to be independent and living on your own once you get into your 20s and many NDs still struggle with that.

I was raised and schooled in the skills of the Samurai, something that carried over to my career from which I am retired. So I would agree with the warrior tag. As for independent living and being on my own. I don't mind being alone as a matter a fact I prefer it.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 9:59 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I don't understand the question.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 1:46 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Does anybody believe that both having any neurological challenges and being in the male gender role make it a moderate or large obstacle to the opposite sex?

yes.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 1:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Does anybody believe that both having any neurological challenges and being in the male gender role make it a moderate or large obstacle to the opposite sex?

yes.

OK, what's "it?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 2:01 am

being in the "uncanny valley" and creeping them out. a long-ago shrink told me that i would have to learn how to convincingly ape NT behavior in order to change this.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Aug 2019, 8:56 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I've made lots of threads in L&D in the pasts about mine & other autistics guys struggles with relationships. I do think it's generally easier for autistic women to get dates than autistic guys. There's been a lot more autistic guys complaining about being single in the L&D section than autistic women. However I do think autistic women tend to be more likely to end up in abusive relationships or relationships where they're just used for sex. There are also LOTS of exceptions to these things.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 9:23 pm

nick007 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I've made lots of threads in L&D in the pasts about mine & other autistics guys struggles with relationships. I do think it's generally easier for autistic women to get dates than autistic guys. There's been a lot more autistic guys complaining about being single in the L&D section than autistic women. However I do think autistic women tend to be more likely to end up in abusive relationships or relationships where they're just used for sex. There are also LOTS of exceptions to these things.

Yeah, I know. I wish the men and women hear just swapped genders for a time and walk through life in the "other" shoes.

It's sad too because other posters accuse the guys of having malevolence to the opposite gender or subscribing to some kind of thought pattern related to that. That is just a knee jerk. Both genders suffer issues, but they are mostly different set than the other. I don't like the attitude about it lately.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Yeah, I know. I wish the men and women hear just swapped genders for a time and walk through life in the "other" shoes.

It's sad too because other posters accuse the guys of having malevolence to the opposite gender or subscribing to some kind of thought pattern related to that. That is just a knee jerk. Both genders suffer issues, but they are mostly different set than the other. I don't like the attitude about it lately.
I know exactly what you mean. That has been going on since I joined this forum. There seems to be phases. I've been accused of being a misogynist on there before as well as other sites for making lots of frustrated posts about my issues with being single. I'm actually kinda a feminist thou. Nowadays terms Incel(involuntarily celibate) are being thrown around instead of the misogynist term.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition