Page 49 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Does anybody believe that both having any neurological challenges and being in the male gender role make it a moderate or large obstacle to the opposite sex? Even though I believe neuro-atypicals aren't limited and could do anything a "normal" person can do, there are still a significant group of ND guys who struggle a lot with that. Even many NT guys say they struggle too. For men it's still the norm to be independent and living on your own once you get into your 20s and many NDs still struggle with that.
I've made lots of threads in L&D in the pasts about mine & other autistics guys struggles with relationships. I do think it's generally easier for autistic women to get dates than autistic guys. There's been a lot more autistic guys complaining about being single in the L&D section than autistic women. However I do think autistic women tend to be more likely to end up in abusive relationships or relationships where they're just used for sex. There are also LOTS of exceptions to these things.

Yeah, I know. I wish the men and women hear just swapped genders for a time and walk through life in the "other" shoes.

It's sad too because other posters accuse the guys of having malevolence to the opposite gender or subscribing to some kind of thought pattern related to that. That is just a knee jerk. Both genders suffer issues, but they are mostly different set than the other. I don't like the attitude about it lately.
I know exactly what you mean. That has been going on since I joined this forum. There seems to be phases. I've been accused of being a misogynist on there before as well as other sites for making lots of frustrated posts about my issues with being single. I'm actually kinda a feminist thou. Nowadays terms Incel(involuntarily celibate) are being thrown around instead of the misogynist term.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 10:24 pm

nick007 wrote:
I know exactly what you mean. That has been going on since I joined this forum. There seems to be phases. I've been accused of being a misogynist on there before as well as other sites for making lots of frustrated posts about my issues with being single. I'm actually kinda a feminist thou. Nowadays terms Incel(involuntarily celibate) are being thrown around instead of the misogynist term.

I was around Feminists from birth until 15 years ago when I realized that even their name is sexist. If they were serious about equality, they'd be called Humanists. Their leaders are the rare androgynous people who were the first to look for opportunity outside the home as its functions were steadily eroded by the industrial revolution. When I was young, there was still a lively debate on which human habits were the result of Nature vs Nurture. The feminist cult has quashed all such debate for decades now, imposing the myth that humans have no inherited behaviours that are gender - linked. Basically, under Feminist equality, men and women are held to be exactly the same, except the men are wrong.

UgrozaVeka
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2019, 2:51 am

Buy a dog but a random one, buy a f*cking predator, like a Pitbull, Rottweiler or Staffordshire. When you take such a beast for a walk, you'll feel confident as f*uck.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 4:04 am

out in the sticks where i live, folks are armed, and aggressive dogs have been shot. i carry bear spray with me, as i have been attacked by such aggressive animals that were uncurbed.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 7:19 pm

UgrozaVeka wrote:
Buy a dog but a random one, buy a f*cking predator, like a Pitbull, Rottweiler or Staffordshire. When you take such a beast for a walk, you'll feel confident as f*uck.

I think Shepard dogs are the most beautiful, but I don't know if or when I'll decide to get one.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2019, 4:51 pm

What does this thread mainly relate to in the concept of a ''Mens Thread'' on W.P. Everyone seems to know what's in the women's and continual suggestions and comments that get made over on there, so was wondering if this thread is pretty much the same horizontally in paroling and stereotyping the male species. Politically, artistically, idiocratically or otherwise. :?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 7:07 pm

In my vote I say yea to the idea of a separate "Men's Discussion" forum since women already have the "Women's Discussion" forum.

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2019, 7:13 pm

I like women.

Sorry, I just do.

I like to interact and talk with them, don't care too much for sex and all that, but I enjoy interacting with women more than men.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 2:12 am

^^i wish you all the best in your conversations with the fairer sex. in general [outside of family/kinfolk], women tend to avoid me. no common frame of reference there.

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

01 Sep 2019, 8:15 am

BDavro wrote:
I like women.

Sorry, I just do.

I like to interact and talk with them, don't care too much for sex and all that, but I enjoy interacting with women more than men.

I'm with you BDarvo. Have always felt more comfortable around and enjoy conversing with women than men. Always responded better to women teachers and doctors. Can't say that I can concur with the "don't care too much for the sex and all that thing" as that is a part of why I enjoy the company of women over men. I also empathize with women for the historically unfair and abusive treatment they suffer at the hands of men. I look forward to the day when the United States has a female President.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 9:53 am

Men who want or need a separate section should not be denied the privilege that women and LBGTIA people have because over six years ago a mens section was tried and it became a heaven for misogyny. Most of the members are different then back then. Those that are still around have more then proven themselves as worthy members of WP. The site is moderated better in regards to gender prejudice be it misogyny and misandry. Since then we have had the #MeToo movement so most involved are more aware.

That said this software is buggy and seems at times to be running on tinder hooks. It is better then a year or two ago when I was expecting to lose WP as a resource at any moment. I fear that any attempt to modify the software will introduce dozens of new bugs if not break the system. So IMHO priority should be solidifying the software we have if not rewriting it completely.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 10:01 am

UgrozaVeka wrote:

I walk a Chihuahua sometimes and no one has ever f****d with me while I've been walking with it but I do get funny looks ( I'm 6' 2" , 16 Stone with blue hair )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 11:28 am

I only began to value male relationships recently, but this probably has a lot to do with my father, who didn't like me.

This seems like the best place to discuss the difference between having an AS mother and an AS father. I think that AS is more common in men because it has more adverse effects on mothering than fathering. I think that my mother got it from her dad, and wound up feeling closer to him than her mother. She would have been happy to stay in her career, but the economy shifted, and her parents wanted grandkids.
My parents came from different backgrounds, and the love did not last. As the second child, I was not a novelty. My sister was expected to teach me what she had been told, but would rather have stayed an only child, and was no teacher at that age. I was given everything my parents had wanted, but not much of what they actually had, like personal attention. Mother had low tolerance for noise, so I was just quarantined if I was crying but not bleeding.

I understood from an early age that my parents' job was to provide all the basics and some toys, and mine was to make them look normal and in control if I wanted to stay in the family. Mother gave up on looking normal and left when I was 15, and dad kicked me out at 17, telling mom that it was my choice. She only heard my side when she was dying, and then told me not to call her again.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2019, 11:56 am

Donald Morton wrote:

Have always felt more comfortable around and enjoy conversing with women than men. Always responded better to women teachers and doctors. I also empathize with women for the historically unfair and abusive treatment they suffer at the hands of men. I look forward to the day when the United States has a female President.

Who though?, Madonna, Obama or Clinton? There's too fewer female protagonists as far as choices are concerned, these days.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 12:04 pm

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
Donald Morton wrote:

Have always felt more comfortable around and enjoy conversing with women than men. Always responded better to women teachers and doctors. I also empathize with women for the historically unfair and abusive treatment they suffer at the hands of men. I look forward to the day when the United States has a female President.

Who though?, Madonna, Obama or Clinton? There's too fewer female protagonists as far as choices are concerned, these days.

Why am I getting dragged to the men's list to read a woman's opinion?

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 8:44 am

I can't say I enjoy most men's company.