Page 52 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 11:32 pm

I do believe male aspies have the shorter end of the stick socially compared to females, even if the females are also on the spectrum.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 4:35 pm

^ I'm getting quite tired of certain men who feel the need to tell me how "easy" I have it based on absolutely nothing else than what's between my legs.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 4:49 pm

^ I'm tired of the whole "Who has it easier" debate. I think it's not so much about one side complaining about how the other has it better, as it is about the complainer lacking some unknown aspect of a 'winning' personality.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 4:54 pm

^ Agreed.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 4:55 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
^ I'm getting quite tired of certain men who feel the need to tell me how "easy" I have it based on absolutely nothing else than what's between my legs.

Not saying you have it easy, necessarily.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 6:13 pm

5 yrs ago : Lesley Gore RIP

She was gorgeous :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 10:38 am

PaulaDS wrote:
MidlifeAspie wrote:
So, what do you other guys do to feel manly? How do you handle your masculinity, etc? Let's get the conversation going.

Hello Hello
well, how do guys cope with masculinity, but in any way)
I'm struggling and trying to be strong and I try to do everything for this

The same way I cope with needing oxygen to continue living. I just accept it and get on with my life.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

monson86
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 4:45 pm

I don't do anything to feel manly, I just feel like a man. I don't know anything else. I've always been a male, I don't do things based on my gender, the things that I do are based on instinct and impulse.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 12:02 am

if it weren't for a nominal amount of testosterone in me, i would scarcely believe i belonged to any gender at all.

BlueOysterCultist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2020, 10:26 am

MidlifeAspie wrote:
So, what do you other guys do to feel manly? How do you handle your masculinity, etc? Let's get the conversation going.

I've pretty much opted out of manhood. I might have XY chromosomes, a cock, and a pair of balls, but I don't think of myself as "a man". I'm not interested in being "a woman" either. I just dress in "men's clothes" and use the name assigned to me at birth out of habit.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 10:56 am

I don’t intentionally do anything to feel manly. I do what I do, feel what I feel and more of these things conform to things associated with males. The ones that don’t fit the stereotypical male are mostly things associated with autism not femininity.

Unlike with my autistic traits there has never been any confusion about my traits that conflate with gender norms because they are or were gender norms. I was not an undiagnosed male. :D

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 11:08 am

In Robert Heinlein's SF stories about Lazarus Long, he spends some time in a woman's body, but then wakes up in hospital, very ill, in a male body. One of his first confirmations that he was recovering normally was when he noticed that he was staring down the nurse's blouse.

TheOneAndOnlyShane
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 May 2020, 4:03 am

MidlifeAspie wrote:

I drive a Mustang (sometimes way too fast), crank up obnoxious rock music, wail on my electric guitar, play video games, and get involved in geeky stuff like D&D and Star Wars. Before the big pandemic I'd occasionally join my dad to watch sports on TV or at the stadium. Baseball in particular is fun to watch. I also like the way I look with a lot of facial hair. I go to the air show when it comes to town, watch all the jets flying around, check out the aircraft parked on the ramp, and pose with the weapons on display. Last year I got a picture with one of the last remaining airworthy B-29s, which was awesome.

But I don't do these things to feel manly, I do them because I like them. This is far more important to me than whether or not it's a manly thing to do.

I'm not uncomfortable with things traditionally considered feminine. My mom has horses (both mares) at a boarding ranch at my area so I sometimes go with her to help take care of them. I'm a sucker for cute animals. I have a soft spot for classic Disney cartoons. Yes, even the princess ones. I have 8 little cousins, two of whom are little girls, so when they come over to my parent's place I sometimes join them for coloring. Even in the context of my traditionally masculine interests, I sometimes find myself drawn to the aspects sometimes shunned by other guys. Rey is my favorite character in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, for example, and I really do admire a woman who can shred or scream alongside the dudes who dominate the rock scene. I've got songs by Evanescence, Hole, Lita Ford, Skillet, Bones UK, and The White Stripes on my personal playlist.

I'm also not afraid to call out other men for being sexist pigs if I see such bad behavior.

Do these things make me feel less "manly"? Not really. If anything, I feel like this valuing of traditionally feminine things actually makes me more secure in my masculinity. Like, more interesting in my personality, more versatile in my interests, and unafraid to try new things.

I also understand that some women find this kind of line blurring attractive as well, so if true, that's a bonus.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 3:14 am

samhenry wrote:
Well I watch movies, grow my beard, eat a lot or masturbate at times.

i highly recommend you get yourself a cyberskin @$$. money well spent.

ChrisMenzie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2020, 9:50 am

hahaha, thanks for the idea, I will try to grow my beard too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 8:49 am

This year I joined a men's support group over Zoom, and had the only perfect attendance record. However, it was stirring up rather that soothing my PTSD, and this week, I finally realized that the moderator was basically a feminist, not a humanist. Last night was no better, and I quit abruptly. The meeting was so badly run that I didn't get a chance to speak until the last minute, so I didn't even stick around to hear any good-byes.