Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 7:30 pm

in most European societies the Christians got more aggressive as they started losing ground. I can see the same in America. They are frantically grasping at straws trying to prolong a lost battle. Keep at it, America (at least used to) is a beacon of free thought and speech.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 11:47 am

TheKing wrote:
in most European societies the Christians got more aggressive as they started losing ground. I can see the same in America. They are frantically grasping at straws trying to prolong a lost battle. Keep at it, America (at least used to) is a beacon of free thought and speech.

How do you reconcile this with your militant religion when in power thesis?

Please to note that while the picture of the North American colonies as beacons of free thought and speech has merit at least to those with roots like mine in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and some other parts of New England, it is not the picture one sees today when the practice of religion and speech about religion [other than speech against religion] is being rapidly eroded.

I was a respected member of my department, my field, my profession until the day I said a positive word about Christianity.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 4:27 pm

ask most Americans they will tell you America is based on Christian beliefs which is a common misconception spread by the Christians even though the truth is most of the important forefathers were either Agnostic or Atheist and it is my belief that the PseudoBenevolent Dictatorship we live in today started with Lincoln im an Old American Patriot if i had the ability I would bring the free America back to the world. the America I learned about in school that hasnt existed in over 150 years see the America that I remember is the one where NO religion had ANY role in Government(Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf!! !! ! What the f**k is Separation between Church and State? I have never heard of it before wow this is like so totally new *Sarcasm*) when we had a small limited Government where the Proliteriat had more power and say than the Bourgeoisie, like it is today, in the direction of the country

Course The Cold War was a major factor in the amount of control the Government has over our lives

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 5:38 pm

The Golden Age when the Proletariat outweighed the Bourgeoisie?

Are we even on the same timeline?

Is it possible one of us does not know what it is Proletariat?

There is this - whatever the truth about the belief systems of the several leaders of the revolution and the early republic, a system such as they envisaged and attempted to establish was not going to arise and has not arisen in a society neither Christian nor postChristian.