What type of girl do you want?

Page 1 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2011, 1:12 pm

Guys, what type of girl do you want. There are many different types of women out there in the world. Do you want to know what my preferred type is like?

*Catholic, religiously
*Has a large and supporting family
*Foreign (I may bet that most successful aspies fall in love and marry foreign women)?
*Tolerant of my own viewpoint, and not a bigot
*Not afraid to show her wild side
*Accepts love and affection

? = I do take back my previous statement in a (locked) thread about Europeans being rude. It just seems so just because of the only few out there.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

Someone with ambition to achieve something beyond homeownership, material accumulation and child rearing. So someone active in or aspiring to politics, public policy, art, research, law, medicine etc is my ideal.

Someone who is conscious of their own health and well being, and strives for self improvement mentally and physically...exercises, doesn't eat like a hog and stay up at all hours drinking and partying.

Someone who seeks an equal. While I want someone with ambition and drive, this doesn't mean my goals will take a backseat to hers. Rather we shall be a team, supporting one another, reveling in our successes, and soothing each other in our failures.

That is what I want.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

Someone who has respect for themselves and others around them. Someone who doesn't treat their body like a garbage disposal. It's as simple as that. I have no use for the hookup types which unfortunately are the only ones I've had the misfortune of meeting.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:35 pm

I won't go out with any woman who can't fell a redwood with her bare hands.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:37 pm

Moog wrote:

yaay i'm still in with a shot. :wink:

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

I used to think I had requirements, a type.. as it turns out, nope. Love is blind, at least for me.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

One who likes cats, isn't a bish, is open minded and totally okay with dating an extremely loving tumour known on the internet as Jonsi. I grow on people. ;)

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:39 pm

I want the antithesis of me.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

Esther wrote:

What kind of person would that be?

Jonsi wrote:
One who likes cats, isn't a bish, is open minded and totally okay with dating an extremely loving tumour known on the internet as Jonsi. I grow on people. ;)

What's a bish? Bishop?

emlion wrote:
Moog wrote:

yaay i'm still in with a shot. :wink:

:wink:

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

If I had to choose, it would have to be someone aromantic, because I would only be in a relationship for procreating and raising a child (since that's our purpose in life as humans). Romance disgusts me. :P

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

Moog wrote:
Esther wrote:

What kind of person would that be?

I was thinking of Black Swan when I posted that. I don't know, Moog. I wish there was some way I could look in the mirror and find my opposite there. Then I can get an idea of how people view me when I'm interacting with them.

Or to take a quote from Jerry Maguire, maybe she'll complete me.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:06 pm

Quote:
I wish there was some way I could look in the mirror and find my opposite there.

That sounds so pretty.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:08 pm

Not a guy, but I am looking for a woman.

I don't have a list, though. Mostly, I just want one within a certain age bracket that peeks my interest. I'm not picky in this department.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

Not want, like, maybe, perhaps not just now though

NickKotarski
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

Someone who's sporty but still has a bit of an edge to them!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

No clue anymore. Seems like my biggest requirements are that we can have mutual attraction and can enjoy each other's company. If she's way different from myself, doesn't annoy me, and I somehow add something to her life and vice a verse - great. Other than that my lists of what I can't stand are pretty much that I'd hope she's financially responsible, believes in either fidelity or breakup, and knows what she wants somewhat. Things I need to have in a partner; self-sufficiency, respects others well, open-mindedness to learn or experience new things, can handle divergent points of view, etc.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin