Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 3:06 am

Well I'm not sure if I'm lesbian, bi or straight. I really hope I'm straight. Once in a while I get a "funny feeling" if I stare at a hot girl. I haven't gotten that for guys :cry:. I hope it's a phase. I have a boyfriend right now, but I'm not sure if I have feelings for him.

nixie
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2011, 3:48 am

Any reason that you hope you're straight? If you're staring at hot girls you might want to consider the possibility you like girls, :) and there is nothing wrong with that if you do.

drown_my_sense_is
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2011, 4:25 am

Purely a phase (if you want it to be just that).

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 9:23 am

The truth is for some people, sexuality is not always very clear until later, and there is alot of experimenting and figuring things out and having accepting people around. While most people know they are gay or straight, this is not always clear to everybody. You are in as good as a time as any to figure these things out.

tomboywriter101
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: In my writing, where things are the way I want them

07 Mar 2011, 8:46 pm

I sort of understand what you're going through. I left out the option of "straight", however, because I know I'm not. I've had puppy-love crushes on guys before, but now I have a crush on my friend (female) and it doesn't feel like puppy-love where I make up stupid love songs, laugh about them and talk about how cute the person is with another friend and we giggle about it. This crush actually felt like something... real, not to mention a whole lot better than my past "crushes". It doesn't feel like I'm embarrassed because I'm worried he/she won't like me back or I'm worried because of how I look, it feels like I actually want to be alone with her, spend time with her, and get to know her on a deep level, even though I already do. I'm attracted to her, but my feelings toward her are not purely physical.

I've been questioning for some time now and I'm veering more towards gay rather than bi. Have you come out to anybody yet? I haven't, except for my two friends from school (I'm still in Eighth Grade. The situation might be different depending on your age).

Agree: 4,6,13,16,18,19,20,22,39,41,45: 1 point
Disagree: 1,3,10,11,14,17,27,30,32,36,38,44,47,48,49: 1 point
Score: 26

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 11:55 am

I wonder, too, why it is that you say that you hope you are straight.

Is it that you have misgivings about homosexuality? Or is it that you do not want to deal with the added difficulty of having a different sexual orientation in addition to the other social concerns that you are dealing with? Or is it the potential impact on the relationship that you have with your boyfriend?

Please understand, I am not trying to be flippant here. I believe that if you have an understanding about what concerns you about the possibility of being gay or bi, you can better deal with the question of whether you actually are attracted to women, to men, to both or to neither.

It also bears mentioning that sexuality is a spectrum, too. It's not always a case of "I'm attracted to this category of person, but not that category of person." I am gay--but that does not mean that I am attracted to every man I see. I am attracted to some men and not to others. I have not yet been attracted to any woman, but I don't claim that it could never happen. (Although I think we'd need to be getting a little wooly hat for the devil if that were ever to occur... ;) )

In all seriousness, allow your sexuality to take you where it will. It is far better that you be honest about your sexuality and happy with it--whatever it may be.