Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CurbRider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2006, 4:53 pm

How do I connect?

Ok, here's the deal. I bought a subscription card a while back ago and I told the people at Best Buy while I was there that my XBOX was in a different room than the computer, and they told me that either the XBOX would have to be connected to a computer or I could buy a wireless system. I bought the wireless system, and that wouldn't connect. I took that system back.

Now, I have my own computer, and I connected the XBOX to my computer, tried to activate an XBOX Live account, but my XBOX tells me that it could not connect to the network. How is this possible when I have an internet connection on my computer and my XBOX system is connected to my computer?

Can anyone who has Live give me a few tips? I have this badass game I've been wanting to play for a year on Live, but can't play it on Live.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 6:47 am

hey there curb, what i have heard and seen on the instruction manual with my original xbox is that you have to have broadband or dsl and you have to run dsl cable or broadband connection to back of box or run a network cable from back of xbox to modem. then using controller, go to xbox live section in settings and fill in on screen prompts. im not sure how expensive the subscription is. it might not be super fast like the xbox 360 because the original black box xbox is actually a windows 2000 and pentium 3 processor "computer" the 360 is same equivalant of a win xp and pent.4

feel free to YIM pm or AIM im me if problems still happen or any q's

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2006, 10:46 am

:?

PenitentSpark
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2006, 12:56 pm

Do you have your PC properly set up to bridge the connection to your xbox? Because it won't automatically know what it needs to do.