Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Mar 2011, 9:25 pm

I was diagnosed with Depression about three years ago and was put on Celexa at low dosage, nothing too severe. I was fine for a long time and still had my explosive moments but those were usually on my period. Now, it's gotten even worse. I'm fallen back into longer ruts and crying more; I find myself tired and losing interest in the things I love. I basically feel like I did three years ago, but even sadder. I also feel like my mood swings are even more chaotic and violent then before. I don't know what to do and I would appreciate some advice. Sorry for being a bother.
~Bailey.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 9:33 pm

Do you get outside and get some sun very often? We need the Vitamin D ... and I know I have more trouble at this time of year while waiting to be able to get back outside more.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 9:47 pm

Bailey,

You're not a bother at all! Your problems sound similar to the ones I've had. Extreme mood swings and bad depression at the low end of it. Have you talked to your psychiatrist about this? Mine personally put me on both an anti-OCD/anti-depressant medicine, and an antipsychotic (not as scary as it sounds) to combat anxiety and even out moods. I am still not diagnosed as bipolar even though I strongly suspect that I have that rather than unipolar depression, but antipsychotics are used to "even out" moods in bipolar disorder so it works out well I guess. Anyway, your psychiatrist would know what's best for you if he tell him/her all your concerns.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Mar 2011, 9:48 pm

I have heard of seasonal depression and that could be the cause of it. Alberta is not getting enough sun in this winter, even my Aunt and Uncle are both suffering from worsened Manic Depression. Maybe I should catch a few rays.