Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 10:01 pm

Throughout elementary school, my art teacher would almost invariably play Enya while the class worked on projects. She had the entire collection, and was a big fan, which eventually rubbed off on me, hearing the music day in and day out. It's because of her playing Enya every Tuesday and Thursday of my elementary school years that I came to like Enya so much.

Is there a particular artist or song you have an ingrained liking for, and if so, how did you acquire it?

emjay89
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2011, 1:57 am

Rogue Traders.

Mainly because of voodoo child

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:37 am

John Phillip Sousa's marches, oddly enough. It was the only record I was allowed to touch when I was a kid, so I ended up listening to it a lot. Even though I don't listen to that anymore, it tends to disproportionally make up the music in my head or that I'll start mindlessly whistling when doing something else.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:12 am

My mother has cursed me with a fondness for '80s music. Being born in the 80s, I appear to have eternally absorbed her temporary love for the likes of Pat Benatar, ('80s) Madonna, and miscellaneous synth-pop.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:07 am

i was my own grandmother in my most previous lifetime- she died 4 years before i was born, and we have the same handwriting and basic personality. anyways, that is where i got my love for music of the early 20th century. when she was alive, it was the heyday for the wurlitzer theatrical pipe organ, the kind with all the percussions and bells and special effects to accompany the silent movies of my grandmother's formative years, and she loved those things, and that is where i inherited my love for those grand wurlitzers as well.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 12:24 pm

I developed a liking for 2 step and speed garage in the early 2000's for professional reasons.

Al-Bone

08 Mar 2011, 2:59 pm

I developed my love for old school country from my dad being a pedal steel player. He was a member of Loretta Lynn's band back in her heyday and I practically grew up around the country music scene of the 70's and early 80's. With that being said, I hate most modern day country.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

Anything aggressive with loud guitars and I'm there. --It's been that way ever since I first heard the Rolling Stones when I was 2 years old.