What were the worst rejection lines you got?

Page 4 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 7:50 am

wefunction wrote:
Bimin wrote:
I am 5'6, almost 5'7, I walked into a bar in washington dc and I was approaching a girl I knew, before I even completed my first sentence she put her hand in front of my forhead and said "too short, go away". :(

About a dozen insulting responses came to my mind. Were you a good person and let it go or did you throw something back at her? I don't think I could've resisted saying, "Oh... too b*tchy, gladly leaving!" :roll:

I think a more suited one would be "Don't flatter yourself. I just wanted to say hi because I know you"

Too many girls think they're gods gift to men and all the men want them, its not the case.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 7:52 am

^ i've done what Hale said, some guy was like 'ew no' before i said a thing and i said '..i was just going to ask the time, don't flatter yourself.' his mates were in stitches, and i got one of their numbers. 8) :lol:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 7:55 am

hale_bopp wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bimin wrote:
I am 5'6, almost 5'7, I walked into a bar in washington dc and I was approaching a girl I knew, before I even completed my first sentence she put her hand in front of my forhead and said "too short, go away". :(

About a dozen insulting responses came to my mind. Were you a good person and let it go or did you throw something back at her? I don't think I could've resisted saying, "Oh... too b*tchy, gladly leaving!" :roll:

I think a more suited one would be "Don't flatter yourself. I just wanted to say hi because I know you"

Too many girls think they're gods gift to men and all the men want them, its not the case.

Gawd, I hate that!

The worst part is that it's usually someone that's so gross you wouldn't touch them with someone else's thingy. :wink:

Get over yourself already... :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

In high school:

Me: Do you want to be my boyfriend?
Him: I'm too old for you

We were only nine months apart but he was 18 and I was 17. I guess I gave him his paypack unintentionally by telling him I didn't want him for sex, I want a boyfriend. I didn't even pick up he was rejecting me so I thought he didn't want to be my boyfriend because he thought he was too old just because he was 18 and I was still under age and then I thought maybe he thinks I want sex so I told him I didn't want that. Not a worst rejection but I felt left out so I had to post it. :wink:

Last edited by League_Girl on 10 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

I was humiliated during my first-ever rejection, going on about how I would make a bad lover. I blocked quite a bit of it out. I think it was for the best anyway, as she's gone from relationship to relationship and seems to be a bit of a deranged attention-seeker.

Bimin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2011, 9:42 pm

wefunction wrote:
Bimin wrote:
I am 5'6, almost 5'7, I walked into a bar in Washington dc and I was approaching a girl I knew, before I even completed my first sentence she put her hand in front of my forehead and said "too short, go away". :(

At the time I was a semi-good person, turned around, muttered "b***h" and walked away. That had been the fourth or fifth time I was rejected that night, I was in Adams Morgan in DC, I was by myself going from bar to bar, after she said that I just lost hope and went to bed. I tried to shift from the bar to the supermarket, museum, that didn't work either, eventually about a year after I graduated I left the country and that worked until I ran out of money :( seven months ago. Now I am back in the land of forced loneliness.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 9:50 pm

Tequila wrote:
I was humiliated during my first-ever rejection, going on about how I would make a bad lover. I blocked quite a bit of it out. I think it was for the best anyway, as she's gone from relationship to relationship and seems to be a bit of a deranged attention-seeker.

Thats actually really nasty. Theres no reason for someone to say that. People have said that about me also when they don't even know me!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 9:55 pm

Bimin wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bimin wrote:
I am 5'6, almost 5'7, I walked into a bar in Washington dc and I was approaching a girl I knew, before I even completed my first sentence she put her hand in front of my forehead and said "too short, go away". :(

At the time I was a semi-good person, turned around, muttered "b***h" and walked away. That had been the fourth or fifth time I was rejected that night, I was in Adams Morgan in DC, I was by myself going from bar to bar, after she said that I just lost hope and went to bed. I tried to shift from the bar to the supermarket, museum, that didn't work either, eventually about a year after I graduated I left the country and that worked until I ran out of money :( seven months ago. Now I am back in the land of forced loneliness.

I have my good news of the day.

A friend and I were at Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland having two of the house beer samplers. There was a table at the back wall, both guys and girls. A guy who was maybe 5'5" (not ugly or dorky, even seemed somewhat GQish) went to the bar for a drink. A girl at that table started singing loudly "We represent the lollypop guild! The lolly pop guild!" etc.. He told her it was rude, she asked how tall he was, he said something like 5'5" and a half, she replied back "Oh, a half - that makes all the difference".

When the table cleared up I was making comments to my friend, "Did you hear that? (explained the events), that's really f---ed up", he started reiterating it loudly "No way, she said WHAT?". I didn't realize, she was sitting behind me on a waiting area bench listening to us. I went to use the restaurant, came back and saw her giving me a scorned and embarrassed look and I had a hard time not busting up laughing - especially when I realize that my buddy knew that she was there, I didn't. She at least got an earful of third party opinion and I get the impression she won't do it again, ie. if she was that stuck on herself she would have just written us off as losers, I think she sincerely hadn't thought it out.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Bimin wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bimin wrote:

A friend and I were at Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland having two of the house beer samplers. There was a table at the back wall, both guys and girls. A guy who was maybe 5'5" (not ugly or dorky, even seemed somewhat GQish) went to the bar for a drink. A girl at that table started singing loudly "We represent the lollypop guild! The lolly pop guild!" etc.. He told her it was rude, she asked how tall he was, he said something like 5'5" and a half, she replied back "Oh, a half - that makes all the difference".

When the table cleared up I was making comments to my friend, "Did you hear that? (explained the events), that's really f---ed up", he started reiterating it loudly "No way, she said WHAT?". I didn't realize, she was sitting behind me on a waiting area bench listening to us. I went to use the restaurant, came back and saw her giving me a scorned and embarrassed look and I had a hard time not busting up laughing - especially when I realize that my buddy knew that she was there, I didn't. She at least got an earful of third party opinion and I get the impression she won't do it again, ie. if she was that stuck on herself she would have just written us off as losers, I think she sincerely hadn't thought it out.

God some people are just born b*****s. Why would you say that to someone if you're older than 10? Good on you for making her feel like s**t. You could have made some other corny wizard of oz joke about her I can provide you with plenty ;)

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:20 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Bimin wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Bimin wrote:

I think it was probably a good learning experience for her.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:20 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
God some people are just born b*****s. Why would you say that to someone if you're older than 10? Good on you for making her feel like sh**. You could have made some other corny wizard of oz joke about her I can provide you with plenty ;)

I technically could have poured my beer on her and pretended she said "I'm melting I'm melting!", likely though a) she wouldn't have volunteered and b) see my post in 'Who will pray for Japan?" - I don't believe in alcohol abuse :).

The funny thing is, she sincerely looked like she was eating crow or like we'd hurt her feelings, that's what surprised me. Evidently she's had quite the insulated life and who knows, we might have just paved her way to a great future.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm

Hahaha....oops, I just saw a big typo. I went to use the 'restroom', came back up the stairs, not the 'restaurant'. My story might make a bit more sense with that correction (its been quoted twice now, no use in editing at this point).

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:26 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Thats actually really nasty. Theres no reason for someone to say that.

She didn't even let me down gently or with any care - she took delight in humiliating me. So I am quite conservative now when it comes to asking people out. If I don't know them very well I won't do it.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:30 pm

Makes sense. There are some crazy and mean people out there and they can leave marks. I think they are rare but..

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:38 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Hahaha....oops, I just saw a big typo. I went to use the 'restroom', came back up the stairs, not the 'restaurant'. My story might make a bit more sense with that correction (its been quoted twice now, no use in editing at this point).

lol I thought you must have left something at home or went to meet someone else for a it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:39 pm

simon_says wrote:
Makes sense. There are some crazy and mean people out there and they can leave marks. I think they are rare but..

They aren't rare. Everyone is capable of it, some are just worse than others.

Tequila - Im sorry that happened to you, that would put me of asking out anyone. She sounds like she has self esteem issues. I know because I have them too, and every time in the past when I was short with someone when I didn't need to be it was because of that, it is not an excuse at all, people need to sort themselves out and try not to take it out on others.