Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

I am wondering what movies the people on WP find to be the worst ones of all-time.

For me, the title of that would have to go to Manos: The Hands of Fate. Last New Year's Eve, some of my friends and I made it a contest to see who could last the longest watching the movie without leaving the room that the movie was playing in. I couldn't even get through the first 30 minutes because of how horrifically bad it was 8O.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

Observe and Report with Seth Rogen.

I usually like movies with Seth Rogen.

This one is best summed up by the line of one of the characters, "I thought that this would be funny ... but it was actually kinda sad" (or words to that effect).

The worst part of it (besides wasting a couple of hours of my life that I will never get back) was that I paid full price in the cinema.

Egads.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

chssmstrjk wrote:
I am wondering what movies the people on WP find to be the worst ones of all-time.

For me, the title of that would have to go to Manos: The Hands of Fate. Last New Year's Eve, some of my friends and I made it a contest to see who could last the longest watching the movie without leaving the room that the movie was playing in. I couldn't even get through the first 30 minutes because of how horrifically bad it was 8O.

What about the MST3K version? And who lasted the longest?

On sabbatical...

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

Anything with Rob Schneider in it.

Anything made by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.

Anything made by Uwe Boll (though it's just flat-out impressive his movies are so bad that they were directly responsible for the changing of German laws).

Anything made by the Wayans brothers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:33 am

any technically-excellent-but-toxic thing made by that oh-so-full-of-himself guy named quentin tarantino. in 2nd place would be the meaningful but septic stuff from the guy who hails from maryland, john waters.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 11:55 am

The Incredible Melting Man. It's so horrible, I made a fan page in it's honor.

Also Mansquito.

And anything on the Sci Fi channel.

Quote:
For me, the title of that would have to go to Manos: The Hands of Fate.

I'm glad Im not the only one to have suffered through that. The Mystery Science Theater 3000 version is much more tolerable, but it's still horrible. Even the bad guys were apologizing for it!

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2011, 2:02 pm

If there's one pitiful excuse for a movie that I can think of, it's gotta be 'Moulin Rouge'. It was my best friend dragged me to see that s**t 10 years ago. I still want my money back, damnnit! :x

Mel G.

DiscoSoup
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married, Too?" Absolutely irredeemable, especially when you consider how good the first one was.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Quatermass wrote:
chssmstrjk wrote:

What about the MST3K version? And who lasted the longest?

The MST3K version was better than the original movie. At least the commentary that they gave during the playing of the movie was entertaining.

No single person lasted the longest since all of us were in the room at the end of the movie (yeah, I returned to the room where the movie was playing within only a minute after leaving that room).

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:02 pm

GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS. That movie literally gave me a migraine.

I have no objection to swearing if there's a reason for it, but it seemed that it was thrown in every other line for its own sake.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

For a while, it was anything with Stallone or Affleck in it. I haven't tried it in years, but Citizen Kane was supposed to be the best movie ever made and I can't stay awake for more than 10 minutes while watching it.

I may be the last person alive not to have watched or read for that matter anything to do with Harry Potter. There is something purely evil about that drivel that Justin Bieber has tapped into to make him star. Between that and reality TV, I've come to realize that I have nothing in common with people and should go live in a hovel in the woods.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 11:31 pm

i felt so annoyed with the world after watching Ghost Rider. It was on some special movie channel and i decided not to change the channel while i was on the computer.
There was very little about that movie that was redeemable.
I like Nicolas Cage too...ya know when he's in a good movie. Me thinks i'll go watch Adaptation now.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Dearly-Stars
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2011, 11:44 pm

Disaster Movie.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 11:55 pm

chssmstrjk wrote:
For me, the title of that would have to go to Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Oh god, that. Yep, that's gotta be my pick for all-time worst movie. Everything about it was just plain bad, if not downright horrible. Entire scenes out of focus? The entire movie re-dubbed by the same three people? A fly bouncing off the camera lens in once shot? And all the technical errors on top of horrible acting, and sound (or lack thereof)?

PM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 12:53 am

Anything with Will Ferrell. Elf was barely tolerable, but the rest I have seen are inhuman.But if I had to pick, I would say Step Brothers was the worst of the worst.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 6:57 am

sluice wrote:

I may be the last person alive not to have watched or read for that matter anything to do with Harry Potter.

No, you're one of the last two people alive. :D