Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

Anyone know any websites keeping track of these new developments in our states?

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 10:51 pm

What new developments?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:11 am

you could try The Nation

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 1:58 am

auntblabby wrote:
you could try The Nation

You mean the magazine. That is a pinko stinko commie leftist screed.

Micheal Moore reads Nation while he masturbates.

ruveyn

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 2:47 am

i won't begrudge anybody reading "objectivist living" - it is their karma, not mine.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:16 am

Bah, I suppose it is too much to ask for a news source to take an objective stance.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 5:00 am

ikorack wrote:
Bah, I suppose it is too much to ask for a news source to take an objective stance.

each of us lives in our own little world, and in some of the glitzier of those worlds, common folk are seen as trailer trash and to be thoroughly disparaged and ignored, and the preferred news in that world will totally marginalize the concerns of the hoi polloi in favor of the "people that really matter" [IOW only what directly concerns the big wheels of society]. if the OP is in this latter fortunate group, there is alway faux news, a reliable basher of the former group. you see, it really is class warfare going on, and to paraphrase warren buffet, "it is my class that is waging war upon everybody else, and we're winning."

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 2:05 pm

Why limit yourself to one news source? Surely it is not too much to glean your news from multiple sources?

Typically I rely on two sources for my basic news updating. But when it comes to political news, I cast the net wider (for this is the principal area in which news coverage is most likely to be subject to bias).

After all, if one truly wants a fair and balanced report, the way to do so is to consume the reports from a wide variety of sources.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 2:17 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Why limit yourself to one news source? Surely it is not too much to glean your news from multiple sources?

Typically I rely on two sources for my basic news updating. But when it comes to political news, I cast the net wider (for this is the principal area in which news coverage is most likely to be subject to bias).

After all, if one truly wants a fair and balanced report, the way to do so is to consume the reports from a wide variety of sources.

Are you talking to me? I look at plenty of sources for my news several for local and separate ones for national news. I was just wondering if any website had taken special interest in specific developments happening in our states.