Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
A woman is never too tall. If a man doesn't like her height, he's the one with the problem.

This is an extremely overgeneralized statement, every bit of it ,this makes it simply false.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
A woman is never too tall. If a man doesn't like her height, he's the one with the problem.

This is an extremely overgeneralized statement, every bit of it ,this makes it simply false.

In other words... you have issues with height and didn't like that I point out it has nothing to do with the woman and everything to do with the person that has the issue.

Got it. :-)

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
I do agree on the height thing. It is nice when bodies seem to be the right size for each other. But, if you are really in love, height wouldnt matter.

If you're attracted to someone, you're attracted to them. Period. If you're no longer attracted to them, but have already made the decision to love them, you should stick with your commitment and have an open and honest (albeit delicate) discussion about the difficulties with remaining attracted to this person. Counseling may be necessary.

But, the idea that you "fall in love" is nothing more than "soulmate" talk. You're attracted to people. Sometimes you have a strong chemistry with these people that makes that attraction amazing. You decide to love someone. You can be passionate in your actions and in your feelings of attraction. If you end up attracted to someone who contradicts what you thought would turn you on, I think you should run with it and challenge yourself. It happens.

But I don't fault a man for not wanting a tall/short girl any more than a fault a woman for not wanting a tall/short man. The concept of "love conquering all" should only apply after two people have made the commitment to love each other. They should allow this commitment to see them through as many difficulties as possible.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:09 pm

I don't fault someone for not being attracted to people of a certain height. However, I do fault them for suggesting there's something actually WRONG with the people that don't meet their height requirements.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

In other words... you have issues with height and didn't like that I point out it has nothing to do with the woman and everything to do with the person that has the issue.

Got it. :-)

No, I mean that there are plenty of women in the world, the majority in fact, who really wouldn't date men shorter than themselves ; your statement denies this fact hence it's false.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

My statement didn't deny anything. I was strictly speaking of men that have height issues. I feel exactly the same about women that have height issues.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:33 pm

I don't care myself, if I love her, she can be the 50 foot woman and I'll still love her. I'm short myself, so I'm not likely to get a girl who is shorter. :P

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:39 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I don't fault someone for not being attracted to people of a certain height. However, I do fault them for suggesting there's something actually WRONG with the people that don't meet their height requirements.

I agree that it's not cool to claim there's wrong with someone for not meeting one's requirements when those requirements are just personal preferences that someone cannot change about themselves (eg. height, eye color, skin color, their family, etc.). It's not a crime to be short or tall or whatever. People have a right to their preferences but they shouldn't be crappy about it.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 4:40 pm

For the record I have no problem with girls who are taller than me. Just wouldn't want a gf who was

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 6:21 pm

Taking a break.

Last edited by zen_mistress on 11 Mar 2011, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Quote:
When is a woman.....

Thursdays

Zur-Darkstar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2011, 7:09 pm

Moog wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
It seems quite weird that people still think it's improper for the woman in a couple to be taller than the man. Kind of smacks of the old "big, tough, protective male" thing, which doesn't seem appropriate in our supposedly feministic era.

The eras change, the veneer of culture changes, but the basic biological programs are still the same.

This^

I've seen studies where women were shown pictures and given descriptions and then asked whether they would date particular men. Taller men were consistently preferred, even when the women were told the men were exceptional in some way, such as having a six figure income or being a well known celebrity/author. I'm 6'0" and 235 lb. I have an advantage over a lot of guys w/o having to do anything.

BAPD--124 aloof, 88 rigid, 83 pragmatic
EQ/SQ--21/78--Extreme systematizing

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 11:13 pm

Jonsi wrote:
I don't care myself, if I love her, she can be the 50 foot woman and I'll still love her. I'm short myself, so I'm not likely to get a girl who is shorter. :P

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

Death by snu-snu!

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 3:34 am

Bataar wrote:
I'm 6'6" and have never met a woman I would consider "too tall". Unfortunately, it seems there are a plethora of women who are too short :).

I am close to your height and i am a woman. :)

So I'm never in a rush

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 3:45 pm

Solvejg wrote:
Too tall?

i prefer women just under my hieght [6ft 3], but if she is taller than me, its also kind of a turn on.