Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 2:18 pm

So their new cd came out last year around October, took me a minute to get it because I was a bit skeptical after I heard that they ended up having to trash what they had when they did what they really wanted to do (it was more minimal - the producers said 'No, that would be commercial suicide'), would have loved to hear that stuff, don't know if it'll ever be made available though.

Having listened to Surfing the Void for about a week now, I like it a lot and like the first one I can listen to it end over end. Anyone notice its a lot more visceral than Myths? I'm going to see em April 1st, my friend got tickets, I'm down to see em for sure but I told my buddy to watch the recently censored video to get an idea that yeah - its likely going to be a pretty twisted concert. They're a lot more forward with the lyrics in this one as well, seems like their outlook is a blend of atheism, science, spirituality, and they drive pretty deep into Jungian territory.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 9:23 pm

when I first read your post I started to google if there was any new video and absolutely forgot to post something! :lol:

yes, the y rule, shame they don't get too much airplay, maybe it will catch later like with the previous album :)