Have Any of You Dated a Neurotypical Female?

Page 1 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

striver26
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2011, 12:59 am

How was it? Was she alright with you being an Aspie?

animalfreak123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2011, 1:42 am

:( Unfortanuately to tell you the truth I haven't been in a relationship yet, so my advice is not worthy of your post. I can tell you that alot of my friends are indeed NT girls and :wink: one girl particulay my friend Paige is like the sister I never had, though wanted. I try being her a boyfriend to end her relationship last year when I was a Jr. however it didn't fare well and she still has the same dude. :? As to how as she still is with him. Most of my friends tend to not stand him. Yeah he's a big ahole and d bag. Can't stand people like that, it was odd dealing with him on our football team, but I did well as a manager and as he did being a player. Ewww yuck :x wish some people could see the realness of their partner could be a jerk and I wish I didn't have this negative energy towards, but I do. Luckily when me and her hangout he is usually not with me, still wish they broke up :D :arrow: :D

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 1:44 am

An NT girl wouldn't date an Aspy guy unless he made a lot of money.

Of course, Aspy girls date NT guys.

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2011, 1:50 am

Had two NT girlfriends in my life. Two girlfriends in general, actually. Neither of them knew, because I didn't realize it myself until recently. They were both pretty alright with it, honestly. The first one tried to pressure me too much into doing things(the constant line in that relationship was "I don't know if I can be with you, unless you X") and the second one was usually alright with it, but we weren't compatible due to her love of going out, and my enjoyment of staying in. Oh, that and the fact that she was a little too easy to stay committed.

I've also had one booty call, and two flings that apparently could've been relationships if I had actually spoken up about it. *shrugs* Live and learn.

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 1:55 am

SadAspy wrote:

Ugh. :roll:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 1:59 am

SadAspy wrote:

/runs and hides from the thread explosion

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:11 am

SadAspy wrote:

I guess I am the exception then. When my NT wife meet me, I was broke and living with my mom. We have been married ten years now and known each other for twelve years.

Not that it was easy by any means. The first years of the relationship and marriage where very hard. A lot of misunderstandings from our different perspectives of the world and each other. But now that we understand each other, the relationship has grown and has become very strong.

Considering the disasters that where my other relationships with women, I feel very lucky to have her :)

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2011, 2:59 am

mikeseagle wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

I guess I am the exception then. When my NT wife meet me, I was broke and living with my mom. We have been married ten years now and known each other for twelve years.

Not that it was easy by any means. The first years of the relationship and marriage where very hard. A lot of misunderstandings from our different perspectives of the world and each other. But now that we understand each other, the relationship has grown and has become very strong.

Considering the disasters that where my other relationships with women, I feel very lucky to have her :)

You, sir, just gave me hope.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:31 am

Quote:
Have Any of You Dated anyone?

There, I fixed you question for you. :D

But, to answer your question. No, I've never dated anyone, but if/when that happens I'd prefer someone who was NT, I can barely stand myself most of the time, the last thing I want is spend time with someone who acts like me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:39 am

Dating is overrated anyway. You can do all the cool stuff just being friends. Well most of it.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:56 am

hale_bopp wrote:
You can do all the cool stuff just being friends

Friends with benefits. We're probably thinking of different things though.

Sure, I've dated NT girls. They had issues, but they didn't have autism.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:01 am

SadAspy wrote:

Get off it. It has nothing to do with money. And exactly how do you determine that girls with AS date NT men any more than guys with AS date NT women?

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:26 am

ive dated four girls in my lifetime, and im sure they didn't have aspergers. other definite emotional issues yes, but they were social creatures for sure. it was nice though, having someone to forget about everything with. there were plenty of rough times, though - especially when i was dating my most recent ex. none of my girlfriends seemed interested in doing the dirty work that must be done in a relationship... but then again, they were all rather short live relationships (< 3 months).

my last two ex's were the only ones who knew about my AS (i was diagnosed after my second ex broke up with me). but they didn't have much to say. one of them apologized though... two ex's ago... it didn't **** me off then, and im long over her now, so it's whatever. the deep understanding wasn't there though, with any of these girls, like how i would imagine it might be, dating someone like myself and with aspergers

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:39 am

One thing that really hacks me off is the way that people refer to prospective dating partners as "females" or "males". Carry on doing it if you like but it makes the target seem like an object, rather than a person in his or her own right.

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:43 am

i see what you mean, so what do you suggest

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 5:45 am

i see what you mean, so what do you suggest