Have Any of You Dated a Neurotypical Female?

Page 8 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

tskin1
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2011, 5:26 pm

I keep seeing a continued theme of models and barbie types...could it be that your quest to find love has less to do with you or whatever you feel is wrong with you and more to do with the 'package' you think your looking for?

Last edited by tskin1 on 15 Mar 2011, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

Janissy wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Janissy wrote:
"Socially awkward" is a deal breaker for many women. And I bet if you listen closely, they aren't claiming to like socially awkward guys. You are probaly assuming nerd=socially awkard so if they say they like one, they must like both traits. But I think socially awkward is something that can be overcome with practice.

What if a guy is incredibly awkward around strangers but okay among friends?

He'll probably wind up with a girl who is introduced to him by friends or a girl who joins a group he is already a part of or a girl who he is friends with first.

My friends aren't exactly trying to introduce people to me though... it's like they're all trying to avoid me.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

IIRC, they didnt do much for Lt Barclay on the Enterprise either. They just rolled their oh so superior 24th century eyes at him and wondered how he got on the ship.

They survived nuclear war, didnt need money and could warp space but still couldnt throw an awkward guy some social training? That's quite a society.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 8:16 pm

Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
I get sick of boys implying that I must be lying when I state my preferences, and that since I'm female, I must be a clone of all other females.

Shy is fine.

Socially awkward is fine.

Nerdy is hot.

Whiny stereotyping is a major turn-off.

Fine - point taken...

Now will you marry me? :wink:

Of course!

Now that that's out of the way, perhaps a proper introduction would be in order?

:lol:

Jeez, are you high maintenance or what? :wink:

Yeah, tell me about it! It makes me terribly ashamed of myself, but as a female whose free will is subsumed by evolutionary demands, I feel compelled to have a partner who has told me his name; or at least lied about it in a convincing manner. :wink:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

tskin1
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

Quote:
Yeah, tell me about it! It makes me terribly ashamed of myself, but as a female whose free will is subsumed by evolutionary demands, I feel compelled to have a partner who has told me his name; or at least lied about it in a convincing manner.

lol i love this

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 8:59 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
I get sick of boys implying that I must be lying when I state my preferences, and that since I'm female, I must be a clone of all other females.

Shy is fine.

Nerdy is hot.

Fine - point taken...

Of course!

Now that that's out of the way, perhaps a proper introduction would be in order?

Yeah, tell me about it! It makes me terribly ashamed of myself, but as a female whose free will is subsumed by evolutionary demands, I feel compelled to have a partner who has told me his name; or at least lied about it in a convincing manner. :wink:

Details, details... :roll:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 11:38 pm

Chronos wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Volodja wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Unfortunately, no woman wants me.

If you're so certain this is the case then what are you even talking about it for? If you're convinced no woman would have you, then moaning about it isn't gonna help. Move on and find something else to do with your life

I don't even disagree with this, BUT two things:

1. I didn't start the thread...I was just responding to what someone else said

2. I get sick of women claiming they like "shy, socially awkward, nerdy guys" and not "bad boy alphas"....sure there's probably a FEW who do, but most don't.

Actually most women just like average guys.Of all the boyfriends and husbands I know, none of them are "bad boy alphas"....or "shy, socially awkward nerdy guys" who spent their time ranting about women.

You and Chronos should hook up. Sounds she has as much trouble as you do getting a date.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 2:47 am

Chronos should not hook up with anyone here.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 3:39 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Volodja wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

If you're so certain this is the case then what are you even talking about it for? If you're convinced no woman would have you, then moaning about it isn't gonna help. Move on and find something else to do with your life

2. I get sick of women claiming they like "shy, socially awkward, nerdy guys" and not "bad boy alphas"....sure there's probably a FEW who do, but most don't.

Actually most women just like average guys.Of all the boyfriends and husbands I know, none of them are "bad boy alphas"....or "shy, socially awkward nerdy guys" who spent their time ranting about women.

And for some reason I always thought chronos was a guy XD. Must of thought that because of how I get along on here >_>

You and Chronos should hook up. Sounds she has as much trouble as you do getting a date.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 3:44 am

tskin1 wrote:
I keep seeing a continued theme of models and barbie types...could it be that your quest to find love has less to do with you or whatever you feel is wrong with you and more to do with the 'package' you think your looking for?

that is the true problem here to be honest. In fact its a humanity-wide issue. People seriously need to stop thinking that they are entitled and have an undeniable right to everything. I do feel a large part of it is perpetuated by societal mechanisms. Too bad you can't exactly "fix" the vast majority of the people out there. If you could, there would be far less societal problems in general.

tskin1
Raven
Raven

16 Mar 2011, 4:17 am

Quote:
that is the true problem here to be honest. In fact its a humanity-wide issue. People seriously need to stop thinking that they are entitled and have an undeniable right to everything. I do feel a large part of it is perpetuated by societal mechanisms. Too bad you can't exactly "fix" the vast majority of the people out there. If you could, there would be far less societal problems in general.

I dont think anyone needs fixing... perhaps tho if you are after the model/barbie you stop to realize that she has confidence and will want that in the person she's with. She'll also (as most of us wemon) want to be with someone who actually likes wemon and doesnt' hold such a low opinion of them.

Maybe instead of blaming all wemon because some have done you wrong .. spend all this barbie is a b***h energy learning how to be more confidant and sure of yourself maybe then she'd pay attention..?? (this starts with learning to love yourself! not whatever version you think she'd love but YOU).

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 5:13 am

Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Shy is fine.

Nerdy is hot.

Fine - point taken...

Of course!

Details, details... :roll:

You just don't understand women.
Didn't you read our operating manual?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 1:06 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Volodja wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

I don't date men who are emotionally immature and harbor such misconceptions.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 7:13 pm

tskin1 wrote:
Quote:

I dont think anyone needs fixing... perhaps tho if you are after the model/barbie you stop to realize that she has confidence and will want that in the person she's with. She'll also (as most of us wemon) want to be with someone who actually likes wemon and doesnt' hold such a low opinion of them.

Maybe instead of blaming all wemon because some have done you wrong .. spend all this barbie is a b***h energy learning how to be more confidant and sure of yourself maybe then she'd pay attention..?? (this starts with learning to love yourself! not whatever version you think she'd love but YOU).

that is basically what a lot of people on here need to actually start doing. Regardless, some people think they are entitled to everything, not just relationships. What I mean that needs fixing is the whole belief of entitlement. People who think they deserve EVERYTHING and have a RIGHT to have EVERYTHING just piss me off far beyond pet peeve level. I have had far too many problems in life caused by people like that. *not relationship problems unless you consider feuding within a family which there is plenty of it in my own to the point where I just want to kill myself so I never have to put up with it again.